When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fantasy Sports League @RWG

lanikai

Fantasy League ??

We all know our enthusiasm for sports ..

Weather it be Futbol.. NFL ... NHL... Baseball ...NBA B)

I'm just thinking out loud.. would a "Fantasy League" Work with our Community ??

A lot of you probably belong to various Fantasy leagues already..

I have never participated in one myself .. so I am a total NOOB in this area..

but I think it has it's interests..and forming a League here could be fun ?? :thumbsupsmileyanim:

maybe the Admin team can give us a "Fantasy League Section" ??

Thought's ???

A~C

Lani

Edit Add: Admin will set up a special forum here for the Fantasy Sports games.. so sign up.. chime in.. let's get this rolling for the NFL games this weekend..

i think for the american members (and any other folks who have an interest in the NFL, although i'm sure there would be few), a pick-em league would be well received. one of the ones i've done for a while is pretty simple, but a lot of fun. the rules are as follows:

essentially, every week you have to select the winner of one game (no spread involved, just the outright winner), and whichever team you pick, you cannot re-pick them for the rest of the season. as you can imagine, picking in the early weeks is pretty easy, but it certainly gets harder as the season goes on, and there is certainly plenty of strategy involved. it probably goes without saying, but if the team you pick loses, you're out of the contest. if people are interested, we could start this up next week (that way everyone had this past weekend to size up all the teams).

any thoughts/opinions? :g:

deltathaoe

i think for the american members (and any other folks who have an interest in the NFL, although i'm sure there would be few), a pick-em league would be well received. one of the ones i've done for a while is pretty simple, but a lot of fun. the rules are as follows:

essentially, every week you have to select the winner of one game (no spread involved, just the outright winner), and whichever team you pick, you cannot re-pick them for the rest of the season. as you can imagine, picking in the early weeks is pretty easy, but it certainly gets harder as the season goes on, and there is certainly plenty of strategy involved. it probably goes without saying, but if the team you pick loses, you're out of the contest. if people are interested, we could start this up next week (that way everyone had this past weekend to size up all the teams).

any thoughts/opinions? :g:

deltathaoe

My thought is ... we follow your lead DT :thumbsupsmileyanim: .. since I've only "collected" for the house in another life .. I'm not familiar with these fantasy leagues ..

I agree with keeping it simple for the first season at least.

Where can we do this ?? Does this warrant it's own section ?? so as not to con volute GD or OT sections..

I figure why not create our own sport leagues here so members can stay here and do the fantasy League thing here too instead of jumping from forum to forum..

I like the "No spread" rule..

anyway.. let's see what T say's .. I'll shoot a PM ..we can plan prizes as members climb on board..

A~C

Lani

Ok.. Admin say's we can have our own forum for this event !!

so common guy's let's see whose interested chime in .. we can play with a small number of participants or a large group.. we will start with the NFL games..but it won't be restricted to just that sport.. EU members you can play to whatever sport is in season too !!

Let's do this .. FUN !! Prizes !!

L