When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

V72 DW 6263 Stuck

makubex05

After I had the DW 6263 - A7760 assembled by Spinmaster for a while, I decided to do the V72 DW 6263.

I bought the Zodiac watch with a nice movement a while back ago and wore that watch regularly.

Thanks to many member especially ken fingerlove to give me some direction how to contact DW.

I bought the case set and get them very fast within 5 days.

The good news is the case can be fitted to the movement without any modification. I heard many horror story that the case need to be trimmed down or modified to take V72.

I don't know if I just got lucky or DW has improved his case, but mine fit directly.

The problem start when I took out the crono hands, the pinion on the seconds chrono (9 o'clock) broke and got taken off together with the chono hand.

The mistake that I made: I did not stop the balance wheel with Rodico and let the movement run while I took off the seconds chrono hand.

Any idea where to get the parts?

It looks like the pinion is link together and go all the way through the jewel on the top to connect to 2 wheels below.

I would really appreciate if someone can give me some advice or ran into this situation before. Thanks.

P1020182.jpg

P1020183.jpg

P1020184.jpg

Darn! I'm sorry to hear that the price is outrageous. I guess the other alternative is to buy a donor movement. But at that point you'd pay at least $500 for a non-working movement and $750 or so for a working one- possibly less if you could 'steal' one. Maybe a v23 would work as a donor- might get one of those for $300-500???

It would be cool if the Chinese or the Vietnamese would copy the V72 movt, but I doubt it will happen. The Swiss quit making the V72 30 years ago and the tooling for the parts is long gone.

I just checked with Jules Borel, and the Fourth Wheel is one of a few V72 parts which is listed as "discontinued". Interestingly, the same part is available for the 726 (and the other 21,600 bph variants) at a price of $9.20.

Interestingly, the same part is available for the 726 (and the other 21,600 bph variants) at a price of $9.20.

Most likely, the 726 part is also discontinued & Borel just has not updated their site listing (frequent problem with them). More than half the vintage Rolex movement parts I have ordered from their website, result in my receiving a note a week or 2 later (by land mail) explaining that the part is no longer available. Yet the parts remain listed on their website. :bangin:

Thanks again guys for the info.

The Jules Borel 726 part is out of stock but they put me in backorder.

It has been 2 weeks now and I don't hear anything from them.

I guess Freddy is right. They just haven't update their system.

Most likely, you will soon receive a note explaining that they tried to order the part, but the request came back as 'discontinued'. Try pam