When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Owner Of Watches With The New Asia 7750-movement

Uhrenfreund25

Hi there!

The new Asia 7750 movement (28,800bph) seems to be more reliable than the old Asia 7750.

So is there a need to get the newer Asia 7750 movements also serviced - as it was a must for the old Asia 7750 movements?

Please tell us, whether you got your new Asia 7750 movement serviced or not. What's your experience with it?

Thank you very much!

I haven't heard of any bad experiences with the new movement but it still hasn't been out all that long.

Perhaps we will hear something soon? No news is good news.

tic.tic.tic.tic.tic.tic.tic.tic.tic.tic

I love hearing my two new 28,000 bph 7750's in a quiet room. They sound like very high end movements. No problems so far.

My 1st 187 from EL was malfunctioning out of the box, he did replace it but based on my experience the new 7750 is just as prone to problems as the older version

Same with me. My EL Breitling Bently GT is running strong after a month. I adjusted it so it is running approx +2 seconds per week.

My first 28800 was a lemon and was replaced. My second needed regulating and I cocked that up, meaning it needed sending off to a watchmaker. I sent it to The Zigmeister who said it was pristine. If I'd not have cocked it up, I don't think it would have needed a service.

IWC GST Ti, sent to Ziggi for service from new. He found it filthy and gummed up with all sorts of muck. Since the service.... I wear it all day, every day, working in the garden, chopping wood, everything. I last wound it over 5 weeks ago and set it to the second against a radio-controlled (to the atomic time signal) clock and it is currently within a second of that clock! The most I've seen it out in all that time is 14 seconds fast (after a day not wearing/winding it). I think the fast/slow errors are cancelling each other out but I check it twice a week and it's been within a couple of seconds nearly every time. I'm astonished by the accuracy Ziggi has found and hope it keeps it up - I may never have to adjust it again!

Daytona right out of the box would stop at 5:00 everytime it came around.

Sent it in for repairs and required whole new movement to fix problem.

Now three months later the new movement is also broken.

Runs for a couple hours then stops dead.

Hands down my worse experience with any movement in my entire collection.

I will not repeat this experiment again.

No more new, improved 7750's with seconds at 6:00 for me.

However my new, improved 7750's with seconds at 9:00 are all doing well.

My new Asia movement in my PAM 187 is running like a trooper.

I have worn it for two weeks with no issues. I regulated the movement by hand to less than a second lost per day. I have checked it frequently and it seems to vary a little on the plus and minus side but still no more than 1 second ether way after any two to three day period.

Tiny movements using a loop is needed to do this so you can actually see the small adjustment made.

Usil

Since I've started getting every asian movement serviced, all my watches work the same whether they're ETA or Asian.

Keep in mind that watchsmithing prices vary widely. I found a local watchsmith who services 7750's for 50 bucks w/ a 72 hr turn around. My regular watchsmith charges 140 and keeps them for a week. It's a pain to bring a watch to one watchsmith for movement work and another for mods--but I save a lot of money.

Mine broke once - gravity compensation spring on the chrono section snapped meaning the chrono would only run when the watch was held with the face vertical. Repair and service was <$20. Sounds too cheap to be true I know, but the watchmaker concerned is a legend around these parts...

I read on another forum that this particular movement is 'unofficially' being recognised as a calibre in its own right - being referred to as the 8850!!

Edited by r11co

I bought a new Navitimer (28,800) from Joshua. I hope it runs nicely cause it wasn't quite as cheap as the deal Ruby offered but i missed her offering.

So if it stops working, do i trash it? Send it back? send it to The Zigmeister or big red joe? What would you all recommend if my brand new navitimer (that is currently being shipped) stops working?

I bought a new Navitimer (28,800) from Joshua. I hope it runs nicely cause it wasn't quite as cheap as the deal Ruby offered but i missed her offering.

So if it stops working, do i trash it? Send it back? send it to The Zigmeister or big red joe? What would you all recommend if my brand new navitimer (that is currently being shipped) stops working?

@watchski

I'd then order a new movement from Ruby for the same price as the service is.

@watchski

I'd then order a new movement from Ruby for the same price as the service is.

With a new movement, you just don't know what you're going to get. The new movement might have problems 'out ofthe box', and might require a servicing anyways.

I'd rather get the movement overhauled by a good, competent watchmaker, and have the reassurance and peace of mind that your watch is serviced, oiled and regulated properly and should be good for another 3 - 5 years. The movement has to come out of the case anyways, regardless if you're doing a service, or swapping movements... Might as well have it done right.

My daytona running at 6 with the new 7750 is running perfectly. I sent it to The Zigmeister after I got it months ago. He reported that it was clean and very nice movement, although it was dry. Once lubed up it ran like a champ on the analyzer. I think the pre-service from the dealers is one of the best bargains out there if you plan on wearing them for years to come.