When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Calling All Vet's .. Roll Call..

lanikai

Hm... I still consider myself a noob but I'm amazed (as Logan said) at the quality that comes right out of an EMS package now-a-days.

My favorite rep was a TT Black & Gold sub from avira, maybe, with a gen bezel + insert, mbw case, gen crown, perfect aftermarket gen 14kt hollow midlink bracelet- wow- that watch was something... transitional with a plexi xtal wub.gif

To all the gen forum spies reading this- I went through that "transformation" - I started with lower quality gens, moved to cheap reps, moved to expensive reps, moved to spending LOTS of money to mod reps to near perfection, moved to gens, and now I'm into gens in a BIG way. I gained a deep appreciation for several brands (UN, GP) that I would have never looked at had I not stumbled upon the wonderful info in this forum.

I remember Victoria and ttk and all that jazz but I also remember (along with the little post voting icons) "winning" my first year of what was then VIP membership from an anonymous donor (who I believe was Lani) in a thread where I wrote "What RWG means to me" and the membership voted using post icons/voting buttons... good times.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

TRC and RWG I, ... back on 2002. :drinks:

EL, River, Paul, Efren, Adam and TTK were the dealers at that time.

You could find true MBWs at that time.

Reps have advanced a lot since then.

I still remember EL saying that his watches were "waterproof ..... for walking under the rain". B)

What can I say that hasn't already been said?

This community is the best, with a true sense and spirit of camaraderie, endless generosity and willingness to help others. What I've learned here about watches, pales into insignificance compared to what I've learned here about the really important things in life :victory::drinks:

For sure, I'm not a vet of the boards ;)

Actually I started to browse the net for rep watches in 2006 and ordered my first good one from Andrew (Trusty).

Before that I was buying reps from the bay...bad bad idea :(

Then I came accros this place and registered a few months later and was hooked for months.

I think I bought and sold around 100 watches since then, made some great projects too.

I was speaking with Jojo recently and we came to the conclusion that gens were the ones we wanted now.

So, I’m here and will remain here mainly for the friends I made.

I can’t name them, they are numerous now.

And I will hopefully meet more new friends in the future.

Hobby wise?

I don't think I would buy more "out of the box" reps, at least not to keep them.

Maybe to try them before saving for their gen sisters.

Projects:

I’m redoing my great white currently with Tribal.

Maybe I’ll go till the end this time and add a gen mvt, who knows.

What is sure, is that I learned to be patient, very patient…and I will not enter several projects at the same time anymore. Rather finish one “perfect” watch ;)

In conclusion, this place rocks, and not only because it prevent every member to be scammed, also because it’s a fantastic opportunity to share friendship.

Edit: I'm a vet ! I bought my first rep in Bangkok back in july 1989 :victory:

I've come a long way in 13 years. Who says reps don't lead to gens?

Well, this statement deserve a full thread on its own <_<

You are sooo right.

So is Ubi saying "Quality over quantity".

Every member of this community would love to own the gen counterpart of their rep if they could.

It's only a matter of timing and available budget.

The oldest among us may afford some gens now, the youngest will have to wait a bit...but they will get a couple for sure.

This passion is too strong to be satisfied with replications only. :blink:

Well, that is my opinion but I might be wrong :pardon: