When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I Was Wrong!........well, sort of

freddy333

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bracelet still on yukiwatch site.

It is the first one, under the "watch parts" index.

Happy New Year !

Freddy: Offshore has some "Rolex special" bars that mesure 1.8mm in the barrell but have the full sized ends that may be worth a look to solve this problem: http://watchbitz.com...od&productId=85

BTW, I don't see the bracelets on Yuki's site. where are they hiding?

Col.

• 10 months later...

Has there been an update to this endlink/springbar issue?

Are the new bracelets from Yuki able to take a 2mm springbar?

One trick i did on a rep rivet bracelet was to unfold the endlink itself giving you access to the inside springback tube. All you need are some needle nose plyers wrapped in hockey tape. Then i used a flat head screwdiver to slightly open up the springbar tube until the 2mm bars slid through. Then you carefully re-fold the endlinks back to their original shape....

Not sure if that will work on the Yuki or not...

dizz

This is a strange one. I bought a second 7206 expander for my Space-Dweller project back in July, and it came with Yuki 2mm bars pre-installed. These were not jammed in place, and were easily removed. From what I could tell, the endlinks were not deformed, and you can see pictures of them here.

On a side note, Yuki has confirmed that their 7836 rep will not take 2mm bars.

Yup,fit 1.8mm springbar only,

also yuki have a long time didn't have 7836 bracelet.

I m waiting yuki restock it...

20mm solid bracelet have big discount discount.

http://www.yukiwatch.com/catalog/item/6784664/7909371.htm

This is a strange one. I bought a second 7206 expander for my Space-Dweller project back in July, and it came with Yuki 2mm bars pre-installed. These were not jammed in place, and were easily removed. From what I could tell, the endlinks were not deformed, and you can see pictures of them here.

On a side note, Yuki has confirmed that their 7836 rep will not take 2mm bars.

I bought a second 7206 expander for my Space-Dweller project back in July, and it came with Yuki 2mm bars pre-installed. These were not jammed in place, and were easily removed. From what I could tell, the endlinks were not deformed, and you can see pictures of them here.

After I initially pointed out the springbar issue to Yuki, he sent me a replacement 7206 with 2mm springbars pre-installed. Sadly, their inner springs gave out within days & I was unable to remove them without deforming the end links (the springbars were obviously pressed into the end links with great force).

I wonder how the 7206 bracelet on the new PT GMT vintage will be? Looks not too bad in the pics. Would be nice to get a 2846, silver datewheel and nice bezel insert for $200 then sell the rest of the watch as parts.

dizz

lol

yeah the datewheel looks hand-drawn on these two new ones... Im assuming the actual product will be better than these prototypes.

Im going to order the 7206 from Yuki and try to mod the end links somehow. Even if i have to do some bending and drilling. I dont mind my bracelets looking rough so a few tool marks dont bother me. If not i will try those 1.8mm bars with 1.2mm ends that were mentioned earlier.

I wonder how many returns Yuki gets on those bracelets after people discover you cant use it on the Rolex its intended for?? Sometimes these Chinese factories just amaze me. All the R&D and production work just to screw up the smallest detail and ruin the whole end product.

Dizz

Im going to order the 7206 from Yuki and try to mod the end links somehow. Even if i have to do some bending and drilling. I dont mind my bracelets looking rough so a few tool marks dont bother me. If not i will try those 1.8mm bars with 1.2mm ends that were mentioned earlier.

If a bit of wear doesn´t bother you, then you CAN force the issue and jam 2mm bars in there. However, what happens to the bracelet is best illustrated by the great master Nanuq di Alaska:

905452500_RyoMy-X3.jpg

The 7206 on my Space-Dweller appears to have avoided this fate.

However, what happens to the bracelet is best illustrated by the great master Nanuq di Alaska:

More importantly, the deformation pulls the end links so tight against the next link that the hinge no longer easily bends (in fact, it barely moves), which makes an already uncomfortable bracelet much worse.

I'll pull the last link and endlink assembly apart and see whats what. I know what you mean about the last bracelet link binding on the endlink. Maybe that connection link between the bracelet and the endlink can be replaced with another slightly longer one.

I have a few ideas. I need to see the actual bracelet before I can figure out which way to go about it. Its just chunks of metal. It can be "adjusted" and made to work somehow without butchering anything. It might be a lot of work and hair pulling, but Im sure something can be done.

dizz