When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

5th gen PO vs UPO

Guest OrenG

4th gen is the way to go. Speaking from personal experience, this is the best basis to mod from to create the most gen like 42mm franken for a PO. Plus it has the correct size He valve that's positioned slightly above 10:00 as per gen.

Start: Standard 42mm 4th generation PO.

IMG_4399.jpg

Add: Genuine Omega parts in the form of a dial, hands, bezel complete, bracelet and top with an ETA 2892 datewheel.

IMG_5446.jpg

Finish:

IMG_5518.jpg

IMG_5710.jpg

IMG_5999.jpg

4th gen is the way to go. Speaking from personal experience, this is the best basis to mod from to create the most gen like 42mm franken for a PO. Plus it has the correct size He valve that's positioned slightly above 10:00 as per gen.

Your franken is sweet. Alas we are not all that crafty. Is there anyone that sells awesome mods like your 42 PO?

nah.. unless ubiq will sell it.

what you can do is.. buy all the parts. and send it to vac or The Zigmeister or any of the modders... and they will perform art on it and give it back to ya.

now i'll list the approximate prices of the stuff NOT including the watch :

bezel - ~$220

dial - $225

hands - $60

crown/tube (this is a MUST) - $50

bracelet - ~$200

so you are definitely looking at $1000

if you are in the states.. just get it from Sead.. he'll do qc n stuff..

sure the watch MIGHT be like $10-20 more than like what other drop ship dealers would offer for... but they won't do any qc..

Who might this Sead fellow be?

so why would I get a 4th gen?

4th gen takes genuine parts, as Ubi has been saying and showing in his photos (LOOK :shock: 7 posts above yours!!). If you don't intend to EVER buy $1000 worth of gen parts (dial, hands, bezel, insert, pearl, band) and make your PO perfect in every way then get a UPO.

4th gen takes genuine parts, as Ubi has been saying and showing in his photos (LOOK :shock: 7 posts above yours!!). If you don't intend to EVER buy $1000 worth of gen parts (dial, hands, bezel, insert, pearl, band) and make your PO perfect in every way then get a UPO.

The thing about this community that I don't understand is their quest to make the rep just like the gen. The whole purpose of me getting a rep is because I can't afford a gen, and adding $1000 worth of parts defeats the purpose, I might as well just pay the odd 700+ more to get a gen, that way I wouldn't have to install it myself. But again that defeats the purpose for me and to me seems kind of pointless.

The thing about this community that I don't understand is their quest to make the rep just like the gen. The whole purpose of me getting a rep is because I can't afford a gen, and adding $1000 worth of parts defeats the purpose, I might as well just pay the odd 700+ more to get a gen, that way I wouldn't have to install it myself. But again that defeats the purpose for me and to me seems kind of pointless.

Most of us have a rule in building Fankens of not exceeding 30% of the value of the Gen...

Most of us have a rule in building Fankens of not exceeding 30% of the value of the Gen...

My whole point is that I don't want to spend extra money on details like that. I don't hang out with a bunch of watch replica connoisseurs that would say for example "Wtf are you doing wearing a rep with a rep dial? Looks like [censored]."

The people I generally hang out with would rather say "Hey is that a rolex?" General noobs when talking about watches.

then Oren.. i think the $100 narikaa PO will suit you best :)

it's good enough..

Well now don't go extreme either way on me. I want something that is quality yet I don't wait to pay near the price of the gen for a rep which won't have any resale value other then on forums such as these. I want it to look closest to the real thing without being the real thing, and without using gen parts. Plus there's another sale riding behind me. Whatever I purchase, so will a friend of mine since he is looking for a good rep.

Does Narikaa have box sets? and how do I get a hold of him/her? does he/she have a website?

Edited by OrenG

42mmpoaau0.jpg

Narikaa has a Forum here of his own, and carries 42 and 45 mm POs of a quality unmatched for the inexpensive price.

I own one and so do many many people. They are recognized for their quality/value ratio across all forums.

The main issues with these POs are that they will not accept genuine parts, the HE valve is 3mm off position, the seconds hand is about 3mm too short, and the Omega logo on the dial is 1mm too long on each "foot"

Incredibly minor problems.