When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Name your Top 5 the most close to real Rolex!

sonicpath

WM9 Sub and Yacht-Master are good options....but expect to pay and wait....it is worth it.

Wrist shot of my WM9 Y-M

DSCN2672.jpg

This is the best out of the box rep I have had yet. I am waiting on the WM9 TT Blue Sub on which I paid up full already to bk. Not expected until late Nov 09 at earliest.

Explorer II black CHS not on your list Ubi? :blink:

Besides the normal stuff (SELs and clasp not perfect, oversized etching) it's very good (imho). The CHS version is the only Rolex rep that has the exact vertical crown position. Excellent dial, date mag, crown guards and case/crystal combo. Even the bezel numbers are spot on.

Black version picture is of the WHS though. The crown is only 99% exact on it. It's very close to WM9 standards, imho. It's much better rep overall than the GMTIIc which (besides being a solid rep) has some serious flaws. ExpII has none... with gen dial & crown it's almost indistinguishable. Amazing franken base. WM9 v2 and these two are my only remaining Rolex reps (actually I have installed much better SELs on my black version after I shot this one).

3.jpg

1. bk submariner z serial with clark crystal

( i have one :thumbsupsmileyanim: )

I think gen bezel will make it 99.999999999999

WM9 Z serial 16610:

Genuine bezel assembly (crystal ring, click, washer, bezel ring, insert)

Genuine 295C crystal

Genuine crown & tube

Old school TW Best end links

Noobmariner bracelet links

WM9 clasp

IMG_2222.jpg

IMG_3038.jpg

IMG_3124.jpg

IMG_3105.jpg

But the watch does need mods...

Milgauss. Hard to really find any observable flaws.

The GMTII is good, but the cyclops and ICHS can be quite annoying if you are neurotic about those things. I usually think people who say they can spot reps from 10ft away are full of crap, but the cyclops can really give it away. Kinda sad since its virtually perfect save for such an incredibly glaring flaw.

One thing I noticed!

The only one who will be able to tell u ur Rolly is fake, beside AD is someone from this forum :D .

Now all people out there will assume its fake rather then gen. BUT no one will know for sure. Then u can show them angravings, let them touch it and trust me they will be convincved. And no one wil be able to make some micro-shots to see some mudge on dial or hands 8)

like we all here assume :p

SO my tip is, in your daily day. Avoid AD and act like its a gen on your wrist. Still guys, we have to remember one thing. We spend a lot of money on our hoby, and flaws on the reps isnt something regulare people, besides the ones spending time here, will notice. And when someone does....look at his wrist and be sure, at least to 90%, he has a rep to B)

One thing I noticed!

The only one who will be able to tell u ur Rolly is fake, beside AD is someone from this forum :D .

Now all people out there will assume its fake rather then gen. BUT no one will know for sure. Then u can show them angravings, let them touch it and trust me they will be convincved. And no one wil be able to make some micro-shots to see some mudge on dial or hands 8)

like we all here assume :p

SO my tip is, in your daily day. Avoid AD and act like its a gen on your wrist. Still guys, we have to remember one thing. We spend a lot of money on our hoby, and flaws on the reps isnt something regulare people, besides the ones spending time here, will notice. And when someone does....look at his wrist and be sure, at least to 90%, he has a rep to B)

Every time bar none I've been asked if my Rollie rep is genuine, I've shown them the watch and said "Look at the way the second hand goes round, does that look like a fake to you?". I never say it is or isn't fake. As most people have this perception that fake watches have the quartz 'tick' this is enough to convince them! But probably 99% of people don't notice what watch you're wearing and even less make any comment at all.