When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How long does your ETA 6497-1 last on one wind?

Atiyeh

As far as I know the 6497 is designed with a power reserve around 48 hours, as said above wind it untill you feel resistence. I don't think there is a true ETA6497 in PAMS, at most they're ETA based, the mainplate is usually ETA.

A power reserve of around 36+ hours is pretty normal for 6497's.

You can wind the 6497 until it stops winding. You'll know when you're there. Just don't force it after it's fully wound. That's the only true full wind. I've got several Eta movements and they seem to average about 46 hour from a full wind.

As far as I know the 6497 is designed with a power reserve around 48 hours, as said above wind it untill you feel resistence. I don't think there is a true ETA6497 in PAMS, at most they're ETA based, the mainplate is usually ETA.

A power reserve of around 36+ hours is pretty normal for 6497's.

From what I have read on PAMS with this movement, most of it is a ETA, and Panerai uses their own main spring barrel, balanace, escapment wheel and pallet fork. :drinks:

On the genuine PAM's yes but not on the reps...

Only refering to the Gen. as Panerai makes those upgraded components and not ETA. Of course, I wonder what Panerai is going to do since they will not longer be able to get the base movement from ETA anymore? Other then upgrade their piece that use this movement to their in-house movement. Which will send the cost of Gens through the roof.

Naaah...Richemont will just buy out Panerai and all will be well.

I thought Richemont had already bought out Panerai? My 6497's usually are the same as the rest of you guys, 36 to 48 hours.

• 3 months later...