When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone reviewed (or bought) an X-33 rep?

charmquark

I bought that watch from Silix, it must be about four years ago. I think I made a review of it on the old RWG1 site.

Actually, I liked it. Very different from most other replicas, and the head had a nice, heavy feel. It had cool backlight on the dial. The band and especially the clasp was cheap, though. Many gen owners have it on a Kevlar strap, though.

It is not a very accurate replica. Besides the different digital display, it has a mix of styling clues from the first and second edition of the X-33. Anyway, they have got the basics right. I think most people, even watch geeks, have never seen a gen... I asked about the X-33 in my local Omega store some years ago when they were still available, but they had not heard about it..

To be honest, I never quite figured out how to use and set the digital part. It was quite complicated. :g: I managed to set the alarm...but was unable to turn it off, so every day it went off at 5.50 PM. :blink:

Be aware that it has two batteries, one each for the digital and analog part. One of the batteries are hidden.

Here are some of my old pictures of it. I sold it, but it is one of few watches I miss once in a while. :)

Tintin_X-33.jpg

DSC_0821.jpg

DSC_0810.jpg

DSC_0812.jpg

DSC_0814.jpg

DSC_0817.jpg

I was at my local Walmart last night and glanced over at the cheapie watches and saw something that looked sort of like a X33. I probably would have bought it for the heck of it but it was in a black chrome finish. I would like to have a watch in that style for a beater....I wonder how you would search it on EBay? Multifuntion??

I was at my local Walmart last night and glanced over at the cheapie watches and saw something that looked sort of like a X33. I probably would have bought it for the heck of it but it was in a black chrome finish. I would like to have a watch in that style for a beater....I wonder how you would search it on EBay? Multifuntion??

Maybe it was this one...Timex Ironman T56371

TIMEX%20T56371.jpg