When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just converted the bridges for a vintage build

Cortebert

Tried posting in the tutorial section but it wouldnt let me...anyway as this is for a Vintage Panerai build I thought I would share with you guys instead

The workshop showing my bench and the Hot Air Rework Station I use to re-work solder.

bridge1.jpg

Preparing to remove the serial numbers from a Molnija 3602. Why the 3602?.... The one thing I dislike about this movement are the bridges. The bridges on the 3602 are machined then plated in a manner that makes them look a little cheap, I thought if I could rework the bridges and at the same time age them, they would look very fitting in a vintage watch

I'm being stalked....you do know big eebee that the rest of this forum cannot understand a word you are saying. For those that cant keep up, I'm from Lancashire and Big eebee is from Liverpool...we live in a part of the world were messages dont need coding, because nobody has written anything to decode them.... bye heck

Very interesting to say the least.. Curious to see pictures of what the complete movement looks like when put together

Is it easy to get the solder to stick to the brass under the nickel, or did you have to use some acids or whatever to clean it to make it work?

Lots of people seem to be moving over hehe :)

Edited by Neuuubeh

this set has now been sold and will be added to a molnija movement, engraved and shipped complete ready to drop in a build...

just had a new request to build another using a 3601, with the holy grail "618" cal and rolex engraved... assembled, serviced, supplied with brass case ring and shipped complete ready to drop in a case... might be able to post images, waiting for the movement to arrive, so I can start the build...