When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sead Super Avenger

JohnG

I posted these pics in the strap section but thought the Breitling guys would like to see it too...

Back in March I had an idea that has taken more than six months to see to fruition, but here it is.... As most here know, the ProII bracelet is too thin on this rep. I did not want to spend $500 on a gen bracelet so I started to look at straps but none of them excited me. Then I imagined a leather strap using the beautiful Ocean Racer deployant clasp. As I searched and searched, I did find one person at TZ who had done this combination with a black strap on a black-dialed SA.

I found a dealer in GZ (non-board approved) willing to sell me the impeccable replica of this clasp WITHOUT the rubber. I then had the clasp shipped to Bo at Gorilla Straps and the wait began....

The first strap arrived too short unfortunately. Instead of 16.5cm it was 15.5cm and the adjustment on this strap is minimal so it was just too tight. Bo said send it back and off it went....

This past week it finally arrived and this time it is PERFECT. Bo even engraved the underside of the strap with the Breitling logo on one side and "1884" on the other side. He is a true perfectionist.

On to the pics:

Imagen039.jpg

Imagen040.jpg

Imagen042.jpg

Imagen099.jpg

Imagen120.jpg

Although i second guessed myself 10 times:

"Did he really put it face down on that rock,is it a picture of a rock, Noooo!!! A real rock!"

Be nice to watches ;-)

:lol:

I was GENTLE. But the sapphire is less likely to scratch than the stainless case in any event. But don't worry, not a scratch on it after my photo session, after all the waiting to have this combo in my hands I am not going to spoil it now! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Just post it. If you had a good experience, we should know about it. Tell us how much it was, too. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Things are too much of a PITA already in this hobby to be hush-hush about people who throw us crumbs.

Contact Julia at watchgallery88@gmail.com - as I recall it was $30 or $35, plus shipping. I have had limited experience with her but what I have had has been good. I know a couple of other guys who have used her, no problems, but use at your own risk. She is still somewhat of an unknown quantity. Does accept PayPal though, so there's that.

Good luck and POST PICS if you do straps!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I have ordered one of these and so far the service from watch gallery is very good, reply's to emails a bit slow but never less i have received photos of the clasp and the postage label that was typed so there will be no problems with reading the address. It may be a while until i get it as i have sent it to another address to avoid my local customs but i will let you all see it when i get it.