When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rnewbies's BR01-94: The Best B&R Rep Ever?

Guest avitt

I just finished assembling this one, and it's on its way to its owner...

Absolutely the best of everything: Chieftang AR, Kent Parks lume, DLC coated case.

I don't think Rnewbie will be getting called out on this one!

img6308.jpg

img6309.jpg

img6311x.jpg

img6312.jpg

img6314.jpg

Edit...Woops, I meant BR01-92.

• 4 weeks later...

Who is Kent Parks?

Kent owns EverestWatchWorks.com in Arizona. He's a trained watchmaker, who worked in that trade for about 7 years, before deciding to perform relumes exclusively. He's been providing relume service for several years, building an excellent reputation on the gen boards.

You can see some of his work on his gallery: http://everestwatchworks.com/everest_gallery/index.htm

I've had a few pieces lumed by Kent, and have nothing but praise for his work.

• 1 month later...

Kent Parks is an absolute artist! For a long time I tried to get on the list with two of our well-known modders and I either received no reply, or very, very short replies that were usually something like "I am full with work right now." Well, from the moment I contacted Kent, he was absolutely spot-on with his communication and very polite. I sent him a watch for modding - paint chrono hands as well as C3 lume - and it came back tremendously beautiful and was shipped in record time!!! I have just sent Kent my rep Yachtmaster (Swiss ETA, acquired from Josh back in '06) and I expect that it will come back just amazing. I highly recommend Kent; I will do business with no other modder ... he's awesome!

Edited by Nouns Defions

Some people on RG have talked smack about Kent via PM to me...pretty lame. That lume work looks pretty clean and tight to me.

I tried another guy up in NC by the name of Jack Alexyon from International Watch Works. His work was pretty precise (I sent him an Invicta Grand Diver as a sacrificial "lamb" to test him out). He did bead blasting on the case and bracelet as well as re-lume on the dial and hands. The bead blast was awesome! But, although the lume was very well executed, the quality of the C3 he put in there - assuming that's what he put there (that's what I asked for) - left a lot to be desired. The watch I sent Kent and the one I sent Jack came a day apart from one another. But, the brightness of what Kent put on the dial far out-shines what Jack put on the Invicta. So, now I'm dealing solely with Kent on my re-lumes. Plus, at this point, I have a direct line to him and I don't have to feel that he will not get around to do one of my mods. However, for bead blasting and that kind of stuff ... I recommend Jack.

Kent Parks is an absolute artist! For a long time I tried to get on the list with two of our well-known modders and I either received no reply, or very, very short replies that were usually something like "I am full with work right now." Well, from the moment I contacted Kent, he was absolutely spot-on with his communication and very polite. I sent him a watch for modding - paint chrono hands as well as C3 lume - and it came back tremendously beautiful and was shipped in record time!!! I have just sent Kent my rep Yachtmaster (Swiss ETA, acquired from Josh back in '06) and I expect that it will come back just amazing. I highly recommend Kent; I will do business with no other modder ... he's awesome!

Your not accepting any PM's so I'll post my message here. With only me and Vac on the forum, that statement pretty well narrows down who you contacted and were "rejected" by.

On the 25 Jan 2009 (give or take a day) you contacted me on PM. Once I received your email address, on the 26 Jan 2009 we sent you an email with my complete capability and price list, I have the sent email in my yahoo email folder. We never heard back from you, either via email or PM. Until today, I did not know that you hadn't received my information. A simple PM stating "Hey, I never received your email..." would have been appreciated.

And before you add, "Well why didn't you follow up to make sure I got your information..." the reality is that there are plenty of tire kickers and deadbeats that stand me up, all the time, the same as any modder experiences.

Thank you for giving me the benifit of the doubt instead of making assumptions.

It's not like either of us just joined the forums...and for the record - unless I am away from home for my day job on travel status - lumes are taken in immeditaly.

Have a Merry Christmas.

Guest techlogik

Haha...Zig has always replied to me quickly. Vac sometimes slow...and if he is not available for work, he post that on his forum sections on the boards.

I sent watches to both of them in the past 2 weeks...easy enough for me. Wonder why others have these issues.

Your not accepting any PM's so I'll post my message here. With only me and Vac on the forum, that statement pretty well narrows down who you contacted and were "rejected" by.

On the 25 Jan 2009 (give or take a day) you contacted me on PM. Once I received your email address, on the 26 Jan 2009 we sent you an email with my complete capability and price list, I have the sent email in my yahoo email folder. We never heard back from you, either via email or PM. Until today, I did not know that you hadn't received my information. A simple PM stating "Hey, I never received your email..." would have been appreciated.

And before you add, "Well why didn't you follow up to make sure I got your information..." the reality is that there are plenty of tire kickers and deadbeats that stand me up, all the time, the same as any modder experiences.

Thank you for giving me the benifit of the doubt instead of making assumptions.

It's not like either of us just joined the forums...and for the record - unless I am away from home for my day job on travel status - lumes are taken in immeditaly.

Have a Merry Christmas.

There is no need to feel as if you have to defend the fact that you guys are pretty busy. Please, re-read the post I made and tell me where I posted something that is not true. You guys are busy. It is obvious that if this is the case, I either wait, or find another modder. That's not a criticism. I have no idea why you are responding in this manner.

What assumption is it that I'm actually making on my post? I find your post/response interesting because in order to make it, it must have required you to make time to comb through e-mails to find that data regarding my specific inquiry long ago. For what reason, I don't know. Sir, you are an artist in your own right with plenty of tremendous work that I have personally seen in amazing pics on this very forum. Your defensive response is not necessary. No one is making assumptions, or accusations. If you indeed find them in my post, please quote them to me. Otherwise, let's stay on topic. I believe that the watch being showcased here was lumed by Kent Parks and he was the person whose work I was praising from personal experience.