When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What Do You Do With A Bunch Of Spare Parts?

ubiquitous

Cleaned out/ organized my parts bins the other evening, and sorted bits and pieces. Found a bunch of stuff I forgot I had... And, gathered some of those parts to piece a watch together.

I regret that I didn't take any progress pics along the way, as I didn't think to (doh). But, here's the basic run down of parts...

-Replica 1016 Exp I vintage case, crown, tube, crystal and bezel

-CWP Milguass 1019 dial (repaint on genuine Singer base)

-Replica 'guass hands for ETA

-ETA 2836 with the datewheel removed

-Case/movement ring

-Case/movement clamps

And... The result:

108185-24606.jpg

108185-24607.jpg

108185-24608.jpg

108185-24609.jpg

Not terribly bad for what started as a pile of parts, eh?

^_^

Cheers,

R

and I will add a nice president to it to complete your project for you

That watch requires a classy understated black or redish/brown leather strap. Take it back to the 60s/70s, where dress formal meant corduroy with leather elbow-patches.

Parts bin special... I dig ^_^

Humble thanks for your kind words, guys! This one went together on a whim; completely spur of the moment. Turned out better than I thought it would!

Stac- I'm glad to see that my sense of humor shows in my posts. Sometimes I am worried that the element of humor is lost in the typed word :lol:

Anyhow... I just cut a stem for the movement this morning, and threw a bracelet on. Still need to swap the clasp... But I gotta say- This sucker is surprisingly heavy for it's size! Nice weight to it! But I suspect that most of it is the solid link bracelet...

108439-24531.jpg

108439-24532.jpg

108439-24533.jpg

108439-24534.jpg

Thank you all once again for the kind words! I hope that some of you might be up for a project of your own?

Perhaps there will be more to come shortly in that regard (stay tuned)...

:)

Thank you all once again for the kind words! I hope that some of you might be up for a project of your own?

I'm considering a project. I don't know what, but it looks like a lot of fun.

Currently, I'm happy to send my watches off to other people, but one day I have to learn to fly on my own, I suspect.

That watch requires a classy understated black or redish/brown leather strap. Take it back to the 60s/70s, where dress formal meant corduroy with leather elbow-patches.

Maybe someone will come out with a corduroy strap sometime :Jumpy: