When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor Prince Date Project

lanikai

I sourced a gen Tudor Prince Date dial and hands.. so I decided to swap it with for the dial and hands in the Daytona.. which has the movement issues.. so I'll use a eta 7750 and .. dunno the red hands on the Daytona would look kinda cool ???

Would a clarks sub crystal fit on the case of the Daytona rep. ??

here's some pics..

tudorchronoprojectslyte.jpg

I forgot to check the colour of the dw.. may need a black one..

tudorchronoprojectslytet.jpg

it'll use a case of one of my Daytona's that died.. the bezel marking may not be altogether accurate .. but the dial was inexpensive and the eta was bought for a very good price.. we'll see.. :)

AC

lani

I have 2 dials J.... the one on the left is slightly damaged.. (font under the date window).. if I decide not to use it .. it's yours..if your a supporter... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

tudorchronoprojectslyteh.jpg

AC

Lani

edit add

it would be an easy fix with a ulta fine paint brush..

Hey Lani!

I'm actually building a Tudor chrono with the blue dial (project about 3/4 completed). But my gen dial is missing the Tudor shield. You don't happen to have an extra one laying around do you?

Lani, I'll be forever in your debt. What's that the kids used to say when they were little...oh yeah, "I'll be your best friend!!!"

It would be nice to have a gen so all I gotta do is dig up about $1500 more and if it's still available a couple years from now I can snag it! :whistling: Maybe I'll just have to settle scanning a pic of one and glue it to an old dial! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I did find some of the Tudor Prince Date Chrono "Tiger" reps from a couple of dhgate sellers (probably shady ones) but the only one who would really answer any specific questions admitted they had quartz movements in 'em...

Lani, I'll be forever in your debt. What's that the kids used to say when they were little...oh yeah, "I'll be your best friend!!!"

It would be nice to have a gen so all I gotta do is dig up about $1500 more and if it's still available a couple years from now I can snag it! :whistling: Maybe I'll just have to settle scanning a pic of one and glue it to an old dial! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I did find some of the Tudor Prince Date Chrono "Tiger" reps from a couple of dhgate sellers (probably shady ones) but the only one who would really answer any specific questions admitted they had quartz movements in 'em...

I'll get back to you on this one.. :)

imo.. the tudor chrono's are great for the 7750's.. the sub second is @9....... perps !!!

but I wouldn't drop the money for a genuine.. so ergo.. the franken is the way to go for me..

Hey Lani!

I'm actually building a Tudor chrono with the blue dial (project about 3/4 completed). But my gen dial is missing the Tudor shield. You don't happen to have an extra one laying around do you?

No but I'll keep an eye out for a inexpensive gen dial ... they come up every once in a while...

AC

lani

Hey Lani!

Buy a genuine Tudor dial for one of the non-chrono models and swap the shield. There are generally loads on Ebay - Watchco regularly has them and some of the weird colours sell for pence. I have 3 chrono dials, also without shields - black, blue and a white panda - if anyone wants one drop me a PM.

Buy a genuine Tudor dial for one of the non-chrono models and swap the shield. There are generally loads on Ebay - Watchco regularly has them and some of the weird colours sell for pence. I have 3 chrono dials, also without shields - black, blue and a white panda - if anyone wants one drop me a PM.

Unfortuanately the shields are too big on the full sized Tudor dials, too small if you use the lady dial. I think the shield size is the mid-sized dials. But I have been reluctant to buy another dial, because I now have 4 or 5 Tudor dials that I will never use... :wounded1::wounded1::wounded1:

Hi, I've tried to use my Iphone to make the photo but it's difficult to understand it's a watch movement..! I'll do somthing better in a few days.I've also some other dials, tudor,Rolex,Omega and IWC alls original, I'll post them too

R- Based on the shadowing of the text/font/chapter on your white dial, I believe it to be a porcelain dial. If so... That's a good thing :)

Was this the one I posted on some months back?

yes... it was the one on the left then the one on the right came up a couple of days later.. or was it the other way round.. :huh: ..

anyway I've kinda decided to take this one on ..... :shock:

sometimes ya just gotta say ..... WTF ... :lol:

I'll report back to you before the end of 2010 Ubi.... :yu:

AC

Lani

Difficult to say- I don't think the stem would line up, and if it did, the case is probably too thin to accomodate the 7750.

If you want a 7750 based case for this, let me know. I have one collecting dust; it would be gratis.

and I can throw in the other Tudor dial for you jmb.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

AC

Lani

Lani, Ubi, I don't know what to say... I'm rarely at a loss for words, or a smart-a$$ comment of some sorts, but, I'm a total blank right now! :blink: I've just started the level 1 timezone course so maybe when I get it finished I'd stand half a chance of putting a 7750 back together with the assistance of Pug's animated "manual". :Jumpy: