When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ordering gen parts for your rep?

robsa

Hi guys

I was wondering how people get gen parts for their reps e.g. crowns and such. I would like to maybe fit a gen crown to my rep GMT II Ceramic WHS to improve its look but I'm not really sure where to look.

I assume walking into an AD and giving them some old flannel such as 'would you believe it, my brothers GMT II ceramic's crown drpped off so I thought I would buy him a new one" would not work and only lead to uncomfortable questions about why he isnt bringing it in... and looking on fleabay there aint exactl swarms of them floating about. So, is it easy to obtain one?

thanks!!!

-Robsa.

You only hope is either the bay or the sales section of the forum. You could put a request in the wanted forum of this site and other sites.

I feared as much. And if I had a gen on my wrist? I assume the answer would be the same - take the watch to an AD as we dont sell parts because of the rep market...?

:wounded1: MEH!

Ah well, that's nice and easy then.. all I have to do is buy 5 or so Rollie's to get a crown for my rep! :rofl:

Thanks for the info guys. Anyone happen to know a friendly rolex service agent, say in the Brighton area of the UK?! :whistling:

You can order gen Rolex crowns, and a number of other gen parts, from Otto Frei.

Just look here. The may not have the one you want, but I think that they will order you whatever you want to buy. They will not ask you if you have the gen watch for which you are wanting the parts, and they will not ask you bring it to California and show them.

http://www.ofrei.com/page642.html

MT

Hi guys

I was wondering how people get gen parts for their reps e.g. crowns and such. I would like to maybe fit a gen crown to my rep GMT II Ceramic WHS to improve its look but I'm not really sure where to look.

I assume walking into an AD and giving them some old flannel such as 'would you believe it, my brothers GMT II ceramic's crown drpped off so I thought I would buy him a new one" would not work and only lead to uncomfortable questions about why he isnt bringing it in... and looking on fleabay there aint exactl swarms of them floating about. So, is it easy to obtain one?

thanks!!!

-Robsa.

I am lucky as I live in a city that has two AD's that have their own repair centers with parts accounts. Both will service watches, replace parts and return any parts they replace to me. I use my gen's as the guinea pigs as they are all vintage pieces. I need a part, I take the watch in for that part and then switch it out.

I've gotten endlinks, inserts, an entire bezel, and a crown doing that. I have my preferred AD but utilize both of them to do this and I don't do it often. They both know I travel a lot, buy gens while travelling, and flip my gens so they aren't surpised if I bring in a different one each time for some minor work. :)