When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Contest to pick Lani's next Doxa

lanikai

To help me decide on a gift to myself next month.. I have chosen to run a contest to decide a gift ( to myself Doxa) in the month of November .. I will be posting pics of the choices I've made and you will "talk" me into one of them.. pro's and con's.. of the choices.. in an essay.. I am really undecided, I have one or 2 I'm leaning toward but I will decide after the contest..with the persuasion of the essay... B)

the prize will be a SOSF "lite version.. never worn.." only for pics btw..

the entry donation to go to RWG .. and will be announced.. "small kine fee" .. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

thanks for reading !!!

And stay tuned...

AC

Lani

I'll jump in...(even before you post suggestions ;) )

I'm guessing that you want a variation from the standard orange dial...So I'm going to go with the GMT Sub 750t Caribbean:

gmtcarib6.jpg

(Pic from Doxa300t site.)

Reason: It just looks cool! (Slightly different from what you already have, two crowns, GMT function, cool blue dial, hint of orange...)

Guest HaloArchive

R-

You need a Black Lung. Your most sought after grail watch that you have wanted since you were a little boy horologist :)

DoxaBlackLung006.jpg

There shouldn't need to be a reason to want this watch, it will just bring you so much sheer glory and happiness!

-H

I'll jump in...(even before you post suggestions ;) )

I'm guessing that you want a variation from the standard orange dial...So I'm going to go with the GMT Sub 750t Caribbean:

gmtcarib6.jpg

(Pic from Doxa300t site.)

Reason: It just looks cool! (Slightly different from what you already have, two crowns, GMT function, cool blue dial, hint of orange...)

I don't know about anyone else, but I want that for myself :Jumpy: What's not to like? Square indices (awesome visibility) good sized hands, and GMT function :Jumpy::victory: :victory:

Once you've fallen under the spell of vintage Doxa, there's no going back. Sorry, didn't I explain that to you before I got you hooked? :pimp:

Orange is THE cool Doxa color, but sometimes you want to go a little more subdued, and still retain that cool factor. With a *little* bit of orange.

Enter the vintage Sharkhunter 300, with the even cooler USD logo. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

sharkie_300_dome.jpg

sharkie_300.jpg

I don't do well with green.. my Ex is Irish.. Jewish.. what a combo huh .... :bounce: she was a bit loose in da head.. or I caused it.. :D

can't wait to post a pic on the other fora so I can ask proper like.. about a bezel.. T-bones post got me hoping !! :Jumpy:

AC

Lani

How about this one, a 5000T Sharkhunter currently for sale at PMWF.

hxxp://www.pmwf.com/Phorum/read.php?16,127823,127823#msg-127823

@Nanuq, I remember that black SUB 300, if I had the cash at the time, that one would have stayed in Florida with me :p . Glad to see you still are enjoying it.

Cheers B)