When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gst Dial Upgrade

Pugwash

That's going to be one hell of a GST! Can't wait to see the finished product!

Just look at photos of the gen. It'll look exactly like that. All I need after that is a genuine 7750 ... oh, hang on, this is a pristine serviced-by-The Zigmeister movement. I don't need no stinkin' ETA! :Jumpy::Jumpy::Jumpy:

We will finally get to see for sure if this is a viable upgrade. All we'd need after this is the hands luming and we have a 100% dead-on FrankenGST.

I am jelaous :Jumpy: That would be a nice project for myself after my recently finished Franken-Avenger chrono project. But to be honest: First I will be back with pics of my 200% PAM029 :3a: . Just working on the date wheel and then I go to take some nice pics.... I hope I get this ready before my next trip...

@ Pugwash: I am wondering though if there is one SS link right where the bracelet meets the clasp? Does the original have that too?

The bracelet is identical, from what I can tell, apart from whirls on the genuine clasp that you can't see when you're wearing it.

Genuine:

108779-24435.jpg

It's hard to see the non-Ti link, but this photo shows it.

• 4 weeks later...

My GST was waiting for me when I got back from Scotland and ... it's perfect.

Thanks a kazillion to The Zigmeister for doing the work, the dial just fits exactly. He had to saw off the feet, but it's 100% perfect.

The nick on the dial (visible on the photo) isn't really visible on the watch, unless you know to look for it, and it's got lume!

I now have the most accurate GST rep around. Pics tonight.

Yeah, pics please. By chance I sat next to someone on the train this morning wearing a gen ti GST. I must have stared at it for 10 minutes. IMHO, the rep is fabulous but you definitely want to apply a titanium polishing cloth to even out the finish on the case and bracelet. I actually was debating whether to wear to wear the rep today but decided it is a Daylight day (in honor of the upcoming Finepics datewheels). It would have been amusing. :)