When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best 111 case currently available?

Martyd3

I'm not sure if DSN is the best way to go. Even though he makes great manual wind PAMs, if you are not going to buy a complete one from him, you may run into problems. Some of his older cases use smaller screws for the CG, making it impossible to use non-DSN crown guards without major modding. There may be other incompatibilities as well, but that is one that I have run into a couple of times.

Luckily his case backs are useable on nearly all rep cases, he is the best source for case backs :)

RE indent on lugs.

I may be wrong, but I believe the gen has this also. It's to provide a space for the strap towards the case and between the lugs.

Otherwise if the case has no indent, it would be constantly pressing on the strap at that point, causing fast scuffing and wear.

Any gen PAM owners please chome in here to confirm if gen cases have these indents or not.

Maybe resolved by the lug holes being placed further towards the end of the lug.

But that would incease the gap between straps and the case - fugly in my opinion....

I take that back. There is a small flat area at the bottom between the lugs.

Sounds just like what the area between the lugs on my Eddie Lee case, looks like. I'll be taking some pictures tomorrow of another one of my 111H's, so I'll try to remember to take some shots of that area of both the EL case, the other 111H, and another manual SS case I have, so you can see the differences.

Jimmy Fu Case if you can find someone who's willing to sell you his.

Eddie Lee Case if [same case as JFu up there]

DSN Case (you have to specifically tell him that you want his newest style case PreV or not, otherwise your CG will hardly fit)

Cartel ultimate case

JTse/Getatwatch case

Sounds just like what the area between the lugs on my Eddie Lee case, looks like. I'll be taking some pictures tomorrow of another one of my 111H's, so I'll try to remember to take some shots of that area of both the EL case, the other 111H, and another manual SS case I have, so you can see the differences.

If you have the correct EL 44mm case, there will be no flat indent between the lugs. The EL 44mm cases do have an elongated "U" shape indenture right at the bottom lip of the area between the lugs. Gen E-L 44mm PAMs have a small flat indenture towards the bottom between the lugs, and so does the JF cases but the JF lugs feets are a little too stubby and not long like the gen cases.

Edited by racer1668

Yup, my case has the elongated "U" shape (very thin) on the bottom lip. I was going to take some pics of it, along with a couple of cases to show the differences, but I put that 111 down somewhere and haven't been able to find it (haven't look too hard though).