When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Swatch automatic: a true swiss7750 auto for 380$!

geo1nah2a

It looks like the Porsche flat6, has the same caliber but costs less than a tenth of it. It is leather clad too!

IMG_9830a.jpg

Couldn't care less for the design and the plastic case: for 380 (SRP) use the tuned, oiled, and guaranteed swiss 7750 found in it to power your favorite REP :)

Look at the caliber peeking out of the open back, waiting for you to give it a worthy house.

IMG_9823b.jpg

http://www.swatch.co...oautomatic.html

Lol, I wondered how long it would take for the 'Great Swatch Auto debate!!' They have been pushing it pretty hard on TV in the UK recently.

If I'm not mistaken, we get an awful lot of our Rep movements from Swatch already! BK put out a message for the latest WM9 DSSD and how we needed to put more money upfront to pay for the movements from Swatch as the prices have gone up on them. I guess now we know why huh?!

Sixx :bones:

Word around it's more of the Lemania tri-compax lineage with auto-wind, but before anyone has designs of popping them into rep 6263's with DW dials, I think Ubi is onto the 'fail-safe' of the design with regard to 'replica'. The chrono pinions won't fit for correct subdial spacing, especially considering the totalisor @ 6.

<edit> "6263's with DW dials", well duh, 12,9,3 layout, so latterday rep Speedmasters et al............then

<post edit> However this Tissot Chronosport with similar ETA A08.231 looks a more traditional 12,9,6 layout?

PRCC200AUTOCHRONOSPORT.jpg

Hmmmmm..........

<post post edit> Here is a full frontal of the Swatch piece;

Swatch.jpg

It may have been the parallax view in 'geo' 's photo that made the @6 pinion look closer to the main? Could be off fractionally to the 7750?

Wouldn't surprise...................

Wow, so it's basically half-plastic cut-down 7750 ... how in the world did they manage to get functioning chrono with such few parts :g:

regards

Nikon and Canon were widely derided when they started offering cameras with resin chassis. But these cameras have stood up well and are highly functional. They feel cheap because they are so light. I suspect that this watch will feel the same. The injection molded chassis will not require any secondary machining, a huge labor savings. I doubt it will prove functionally deficient.

Googled around a bit and found it to be touted Référence : ETA 2841-1 21j, but you can find this piece on quite a few shopping sites for ~120-130usd? Huh?

http://www.chronophage.com/l_bdd_montres_fiche.php?Fiche=312