When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM 243

dluddy

I've always admired this model and have been looking for a good rep for some time.

Well, I think I found one.

Quite possibly the best PAM Submersible out-of-the box.

Love the pillow Fiddy style case and the mix of brushed midcase and bezel and polished bezel edge, He valve and bezel markers make it a real beauty thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Only thing I think it needs is a DW upgrade and Zig's Tritium lume mix since this is a T-Dial PAM.

Just wanted to share my new acquisition. My first new PAM in quite some time

And it has a TRL whistling.gif

pam243submersible.jpg

pam243bezelandhevalve.jpg

pam243crownguard.jpg

pam243caseback.jpg

pam243wristie.jpg

Congrats Dluddy, it's a very nice sub that I have pondered buying many times myself. Rep factories built this one off the prototype on panerai's website, it had T S 6 M T arrangement on the dial. The actual production has T S M T under 6 o'clock.

You'll have a lot of fun modding this one: crystal, cyclops (i wonder if a swap from ultimate northpole 252 is possible), datewheel, lume, bezel, bezel pips, cg lever pin. Looks like you have your work cut out for you. :)

Congrats Dluddy with your newest toy. Only now I saw your post about the PAM243 you mentioned. Looks great. And thanks for the advice.

Today I got a pam199 ultimate and a wrong version (missing HE letters) of a PAM243. I will get a PAM243 soon from where Dluddy bought it as well. Will do all the modds Dluddy also mentioned.

Will also consider swapping the the crystal for a ultimate crystal with better cyclops and AR. if needed one side of the AR can be removed the end up with single sided AR like gen.

I had one of these, and they really a good quality piece.

The 2 things that are wrong are that firstly the metal studs on the bezel should be smaller and polished (not brushed)

The smaller error is that the "Swiss Made" should be under the 6, not either side of it....

If they make one in future like this, I'll definitely get one. They look beautiful with a custom leather strap (like dark brown) with olive stitching.

Also the bezel tends to be loose and centre properly.....

I had one of these, and they really a good quality piece.

The 2 things that are wrong are that firstly the metal studs on the bezel should be smaller and polished (not brushed)

The smaller error is that the "Swiss Made" should be under the 6, not either side of it....

If they make one in future like this, I'll definitely get one. They look beautiful with a custom leather strap (like dark brown) with olive stitching.

Also the bezel tends to be loose and centre properly.....

Please see the homepage of Panarai, the swiss made is side of it.