When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

This is horrible ...

Martyd3

Guest HaloArchive

Wow, horrible. When I first started this hobby, I got scammed out of $2100 for a Skyland Avenger that ended up being a Rep but, I chalked it up to a loss. It really is the only thing you can do

Wow that really sucks! And what do you do in that situation. I would almost be inclined to arrange to meet at an AD and pay them to open the watch. Sucks but at least he took the time to post that so at least others can be more aware of what they are getting into when dealing in trades for watches.

Thanks for posting this Marty

The 116520 is now resting in the box. I am impressed with the workmanship!

As well as the stuttering sweep of the running seconds subdial hand. Apparantly. Who was it who recently said; "The real experts are here........." with regard to 'watches'? :whistling:

I'd like to see anyone try that scam with any 45 post, four month veteran of RWG. The seller would have been sent skidding down the front steps on his TWB, triple wrapped 16613.

We may be the 'bad' guys, but at least we 'aint stoooooooopid.

Isn't the biggest giveaway the old "...I don't have the box and papers..." claim by unscrupulus sellers.

So how did this scammer present in person, not only a believeable Daytona rep, he also had all the boxes and all the associated paperwork, that were of a high enough quality to fool the seller into thinking it was a genuine watch.

Where did the scammer get the accessories to go along with his "fake" Daytona...

It sounds a bit far fetched and somewhat unbelievable to me...I am with Dems on this one.

For all we know, the seller scammed the buyer with a fake PAM.

Guest alan_sony

I almost bought that B&R! Almost met up with him but couldn't agree on a timing.

To add, if I followed the story correctly, the watches were returned though.

Edited by alan_sony

And this takes us back to why RWG was created: to spread information. To hopefully help people not get scammed. This place gives you the tools, it's up to you to use them.

I'm sure sorry to hear of people ripping each other off like that. :thumbdown:

Robertk

Not entirely true. I had the experience of loosing $1500 to a 'Member' that came with recommendations. (He is no longer part of this community.) It was a highly modified IWC 3717.... I sent the money, no watch ever arrived. It was a hard lesson to learn. I am much more selective in who I deal with, but ultimately, its a crap shoot...

The other folks that I have dealt with have been nothing but phenominal!

Do your homework.

Best,

-K

So how did this scammer present in person, not only a believeable Daytona rep, he also had all the boxes and all the associated paperwork, that were of a high enough quality to fool the seller into thinking it was a genuine watch.

Several of our trusted dealers offer boxes and papers. I have also seen them on eBay.

Several of our trusted dealers offer boxes and papers. I have also seen them on eBay.

But are these box and papers good enough to be able to fool someone? I thought the dealer would stamp them, and the serial number etc would have to be printed on them etc...

I have to ask why more scammers don't simply buy these for their ebay scam sales, instead of saying that they don't have them...missing boxes and papers always seems to point to a fake...

Makes me think about something I avoid thinking about.. Those members of RWG that may be here for less than savory reasons.

All I can say is, what go's around comes back around.

yupp, my thoughts also.

papers can be had easy also boxes, if you need perfect you can always mod it like whit all other things.

Nothing is impossible.