When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just got a ETA 7753..WTF am i gonna do with it?

concepta

Vintage daytona would be nice, but I would want to do something that showed off the non-recessed date. Nobody is going to be able to tell what is in that Daytona case without opening it.

Your other problem will be finding a case that fits. The 7753 shares the same dimensions as an A7750, but not those of the modified a7750 3-6-9 subdial layout. The movement will fit, but the stem will not align with the case tube. The Navitimer is a good option because the case from the 6-9-12 Fighters edition will fit perfectly, but you will need a gen dial and a little bit of modification.

Vintage daytona would be nice, but I would want to do something that showed off the non-recessed date. Nobody is going to be able to tell what is in that Daytona case without opening it.

Your other problem will be finding a case that fits. The 7753 shares the same dimensions as an A7750, but not those of the modified a7750 3-6-9 subdial layout. The movement will fit, but the stem will not align with the case tube. The Navitimer is a good option because the case from the 6-9-12 Fighters edition will fit perfectly, but you will need a gen dial and a little bit of modification.

Does the genuine (3,6,9) Navitimer use the 7753 or a specially modified 7750? I thought that it wasn't the 7753, but the 7750 modified - if that's right then a gen dial probably would have the date window in marginally the wrong position.

I got so fed up waiting for an accurate Navi rep that I bought a gen 'Old Navitimer' (6,9,12). Now I am going to post my Swiss 7750/Gen dial rep for sale to help pay for it.