When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

6 Pounds of Rolex

freddy333

If a picture is worth 1,000 words, then these 3 will leave you tongue-tied

0011-1.jpg

Because of the expense of this book (approx $400), I would not say that it provides good value for the average rep/gen Rolex owner or casual collector. However, for serious collectors, restorers &/or hard-core Rolex aficionados, this book contains a wealth of information (much of it available from no other single source) & beautiful pictures, making it an absolute must-have. The general format is similar to the many Japanese magazine-style guides sold on ebay, but in a larger, more accessible format (the text is written in both English & Italian). This is clearly much more than just pretty coffee table eye candy. Of course, it is not perfect & there is much that is missing. But I think the author's idea was to address specific Rolex models in greater degree in separate books -- whether this was done for monetary or informational reasons I cannot say. For additional info, there is a very good review here.

Wow. That would definitely be interesting reading :) I saw a similar book about a year ago, which covered several prestige marques, rather than focussing on the one, but the photography was outstanding, and if I recall, I believe that was English and Italian language as well. A fine collection indeed :good: