When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Question in regards to trades...?

Anguz

Hey gang,

I have a couple of authentic watches, a Bulova M7 and a Seiko DX 6106-5467. I am interested in trying to trade these for a rep submariner...am I allowed to do this? I do not want to break any rules as I am new and do not want to get in trouble :)

What is the protocol? If it is indeed allowed.

Thanks in advance lads.

Cheers.

It's done everyday here A.

go to the trade section.. and post your wares..

or better yet.. sign up for "Supporter" status. 30 usd per year (it goes toward our monthly usage fees) it equates to about 8 cents a day.. well worth it since you are using the board as a venue for trading .. it's a fair "trade" ..imo.. and you will be allowed to enter the supporters area where more of these trades take place..post pics and detailed description of your "WTT" (want to trade) intentions and see what happens..

good luck :thumbsupsmileyanim:

AC

Lani

Hey Lani,

You always seem to be the one to answer my questions and I thank you for that.

I would love to financially support the site as I have been here quite a bit since I have signed up. Once I graduate Uni in April and move to England, I will be in a better position to do so. As of right now...I am pretty much hand to mouth...which is funny as I know this is an expensive habit. I suppose I will have to quite one of my vices in order to fund it!

In London I am sure I will be doing better than a University student in Niagara Falls, Canada. :)

Am I still allowed to post something on the trades section if I don't sign up as a supporter?

Thanks again either way Lani.

Cheers.

Hey Lani,

You always seem to be the one to answer my questions and I thank you for that.

I would love to financially support the site as I have been here quite a bit since I have signed up. Once I graduate Uni in April and move to England, I will be in a better position to do so. As of right now...I am pretty much hand to mouth...which is funny as I know this is an expensive habit. I suppose I will have to quite one of my vices in order to fund it!

In London I am sure I will be doing better than a University student in Niagara Falls, Canada. :)

Am I still allowed to post something on the trades section if I don't sign up as a supporter?

Thanks again either way Lani.

Cheers.

haha.. I remember those days ... the candy machine in the dorms was a meal at times..cup of noodle a feast.. :lol:

of course your allowed... good luck in your endeavor..

let me pm ya tomorrow.. I may have something you can strap on in the meantime .. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

In fact don't make a move until I check..

AC

Lani

I'll go home.. to the house I'm moving from.. I have a Noob Mariner..

it needs a bezel insert.. I would like to keep it in the family @RWG.. and see that it goes to a good home...

you will have your sub .. not a bad one for your first rep... you can always swap movements etc. ..

hope it will provide you with good time and luck.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

AC

Lani

You keep your watches.. if you can sell them for a bit of extra cash if need be go ahead in the trade section..

if any of them belonged to relatives... keep them.

this Noob Mariner needs an insert.. cheap on the bay.. you may have to mod it to fit though..

it could use a better crystal .. I may have a Clarks dunno if it will fit though..

other than that she just needs a bit of TLC.. polishing up and oiling the bracelet links .. and your good to go..

this way everythime you look at the Sub .. remember RWG.. not me.. I'm just a part of the big wheel that keeps this place what it is.. :thumbsupsmileyanim: .. all of you make it special..

nobbmarinersub003.jpg

nobbmarinersub004.jpg

give me some time to try and see if I have a better crystal for this.. B)

we'll be in touch by PM..

AC

Lani

Wow...that's all I can say... I mean...holy cow! I will remember RWG and you! But, I'm not going anywhere :)

Thank you very much indeed. Honto arigato gozaimasu (which I find has more meaning) ;)

Kakoii...ok that's it for the nihongo for now :)

Third generation eh? That's cool. Do your mom and dad speak Japanese? I lived in Japan for four years teaching English and picked it up...but I lose more and more everyday as the only Japanese person I know here only speaks English as well, LOL. Great place. Cool folks. Amazing food! Anyhoo...

Cool, just let me know what kind of info, or anything you need from me and I shall do it ASAP.

Cheers Lani.

Cho~kakoii.. good cause I didn't fair well in language school as a kid.. got kicked out for hitting back ..

the Sensei.. 8).. figured if he could hit me I could hit him.. :p

got to go to Judo Dojo after school.. mo fun.. :D instead of language school

my Grandmother came to Hawaii at 6 months old.. was raised in a Hawaiian "Camp".. so she spoke both languages..

I Grew up with Hawaiian and Asian Cooking,. Grandpa was a railroad conductor..Father's side was from Hiroshima.. no relatives left in Japan.. and someday I hope to journey there and find my ancestors history.. half the family were priests and half Samurai.. according to our family scroll that was interpreted years ago..Family now is all mixed.. Asian, Hawaiian, German, Filipino .... 'Hapa'

went away to Oregon and Washington for school..

Bar-tended for 15 years..personal trainer.. etc. etc.

Now I'm here.. best place to be on the net.. :good:

I'll try and dig up a better crystal (mag)

@Simplefarmer.. I'll pm ya this week with 2 choices of reps.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

AC

Lani

Btw,

I've been to Hiroshima and it is a great city. Of course where "the" memorial is, I found a very strange...well aura, I guess is the only word. I went to see a Carps game too, played my team, the Seibu Lions, Carp won, boooo!

I lived in Tokyo and it was an amazing place.

Have a fab and groovy week Lani.

Yes.. thank you.. someday I would like to visit the memorial.. it is strange in some ways.. my Uncles fought for the 442nd in WWII .. Hiroshima was destroyed by that war..

my ancestors clan in the 16th century was destroyed in a battle that involved the Uesugi clan.. a one day war.. it was deceit and betrayal that wiped out the Lord of the clan.. and then the rest were reduced to Ronin and had to become Samurai farmers..the head of the clan was beheaded.. he was loyal for the right reasons.. but destiny from then puts me in Hawaii now.. not a bad place to be.. someday.. I would like to travel the ground where we were once warriors..

thanks Anguz.. I'll be in touch.. :D

AC

lani

Lani,

You are truly one of the "Good Guys" Not too many folks around who are willing to take a chance on "paying it forward". My hats off to you my friend

Regards

Arthur

Thank you ,.. but....... we merely were "holding down the fort" .. whilst you were on sabbatical.. as your actions are Old

School as well.. my pics tomorrow will tell all.

this is the way things should be.. why else are we here on this planet.. to do something good.. that chance may not come again.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Lani