When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is there something wrong with me?

krbarnes

I have a gen Rolex Datejust, but just got started "playing" with reps, and now I find myself picking my rep Submariner more often than my gen.

Maybe it's just the fact that it's something I built, versus something I bought. (I don't DARE mess with the gen.)

Anyone else have this problem?

Here's my Gen Datejust (Black stick dial, smooth bezel, U serial #) and my Rep Submariner

post-25204-12586646152_thumb.jpg

post-25204-125866513038_thumb.jpg

Yes. I own this:

6263II.jpg

But I have been wearing this:

RLX.jpg

I didn't 'build' the latter, but can see why you would cherish your rep for doing so. Both however mark two

distinct points in my life that are on equal ground.

Genuine watch elitism is for genuine watch sites. It's so; not Zen.

If you built it your self it would mean a lot more to you than what you bought, I have gens that i have not worn from one year to the next. The wife has a gen aqua terra she never wears but it is a fight to get the rep steelfish back for a day

I have a gen Rolex Datejust, but just got started "playing" with reps, and now I find myself picking my rep Submariner more often than my gen.

Maybe it's just the fact that it's something I built, versus something I bought. (I don't DARE mess with the gen.)

Here's my Gen Datejust (Black stick dial, smooth bezel, U serial #) and my Rep Submariner

Definitely. Rep or gen aside, I wear the Tudor Sub I built myself, way more than the rep 1655 I bought myself as a birthday present :pardon: I guess that's what happens when you build something :victory:

Genuine watch elitism is for genuine watch sites. It's so; not Zen.

You know what's the worst bunch: Seasoned rep buyers who buy their first expensive gen and become "gen snobs" and start to look reps down their noses. Some of these people act like they're "born again" or something. :D

They're all just watches. Who really cares if it's a gen or rep... if you like the style/model, just wear it and enjoy.

I also find it weird that people say "how utterly superior" the gens are. It's true with some models that are difficult to replicate, and with Breguet/JLC/Patek type of ultimate watches... but in most cases (with Rolex/TAG/Breitling/Omega class) the actual visual differences are minimal.

You know what's the worst bunch: Seasoned rep buyers who buy their first expensive gen and become "gen snobs" and start to look reps down their noses. Some of these people act like they're "born again" or something. :D

They're all just watches. Who really cares if it's a gen or rep... if you like the style/model, just wear it and enjoy.

I also find it weird that people say "how utterly superior" the gens are. It's true with some models that are difficult to replicate, and with Breguet/JLC/Patek type of ultimate watches... but in most cases (with Rolex/TAG/Breitling/Omega class) the actual visual differences are minimal.

I totally agree with you BT... genuine' shouldn't change someones attitude toward others.. unless they just "need" to feel superior.. dime a dozen I say.. :thumbdown:

AC

Lani

It's nice to have a gen in the stable though. I was more comfortable with wearing reps knowing I had gens sitting in the watchbox. It's nice to belong to "the club" per se.

Also, a lot of aggrivation from reps as of late. If I found myself having a font of cash, my current attitude would be to just buy the damn gen and save myself the heartache and begging on my knees to get a damn working watch.