When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

GMT Master II Ceramic 116710

panerai153

I started to get the itch a few weeks ago, and I had to scratch it. You die hards know what I mean. You can stop for a while, but you never quit. Well my first one in hand is a GMT Master II "Ceramic" 11670. I got the watch from a fellow forum member. It was originally purchased from Kingwatch. It has a Swiss ETA 2836-2 movement and the WHS GMT arrangement.

I'm enclosing a few photos,I took tonight, and some observations about the watch.

First, out the box, this is a pretty close copy. Of course the WHS would be a dead givaway if examined by a real WIS or Rolex expert.. If you look at the photos magnified about 10X, you can obviously see some flaws. The bezel insert installation is pretty sloppy. Glue not cleaned up very well, but that is a pretty easy job for anyone.I don't have a genuine to compare to, but it looks like the etched crown on the crystal is larger, but without magnification, it's very hard to see.All in all it looks like a pretty accurate copy to me.Lume glow certainly leaves a lot to bedesired, it glows great after charging under a bright light, but it fades really fast. I may send it to The Zigmeister at some point for a Superluminova treatment, but for now it's OK for me.

I sort of like the bracelet, but whomever came up with that micro adjustment with the concealed pins must be a spawn of the devil! Rolex must have some sort of special tool to depress the pins. I tried for 10 minutes and finally took out a link in the bracelet! If anyone knows the trick, please clue me in.

All in all this is a nice watch, and if the GMT movement holds up, it's probably a keeper. I have a genuine 16750, and this may become the daily wearer. The 16750 isn't going anywhere, but they are increasing in value, and it's not going to be a daily wearer.Nice to have the adjustable GMT hand as well.

I would recommend this watch if you are looking for a high quality Rep that you can wear "out the Box" with out spending a fortune on mods. Of course if you are searching for a 99.999999% correct model, the WHS will be a deal breaker.Otherwise it's a "keeper"

Arthur

Here are the photos.

IMG_6017a.jpg

IMG_6010a.jpg

IMG_6018a.jpg

Congrats Arthur!

I briefly owned this same rep too, it was really nice. The best improvement is the bezel operation (it moves in 1 hour increments). The old Submariner bezel was really stupid on a GMT (operationally).

Enjoy!

PS: I agree with you, the micro adjustment on the rep is insane... I never figured it out... thus, never found a perfect fit.

Lani,

I would be very interested in a crystal with the AR coated cyclops. This one is really reflective, and probably another dead giveaway if a real one was close by for comparison.

higho,

IF they made a Pepsi bezel ceramic, I would be all over it as well. To me the Pepsi Bezel IS The GMT. I'm sure that at some point when Rolex perfects the Pepsi Ceramic, the rep makers will not be far behind.

Another thing I forgot to mention,accuracy.Running at better than COSC standards right now. +1 second in 24 hours!! Of course this only applies to this watch, but it's very accurate.

Arthur

IF they made a Pepsi bezel ceramic, I would be all over it as well. To me the Pepsi Bezel IS The GMT. I'm sure that at some point when Rolex perfects the Pepsi Ceramic, the rep makers will not be far behind.

Arthur,

I couldn't agree with you more. Pepsi is synonymous with GMT. Even red/black would be nicer. All black GMT simply doesn't do anything for me. I didn't like the polished middle links, either. Overall it's a nice watch but it didn't "grab" me at all. This watch simply doesn't have the Rolex "spirit" and traditions. But when you put on a 1675 it's a Rolex with capitalized "R"... you know what I mean?

PS: The biggest flaw of this watch (to me) is the bezel. It's quite different on the gen. When the light hits it, the gen bezel looks brown and it's a lot shinier. I didn't realize that when I wrote my review of this rep... but it's very apparent when you see the gen (I tried it on recently). The cyclops AR never bothered me at all. Still, very nice rep... I just didn't love it as a watch.