When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

WTF? Part Deux

Demsey

:lol:

Too true. In the non-virtual I'm known for my huge catalogue of completely useless information. To get to the bottom of this will merely add to the lot. Evidenced I'm usually not stumped by 'Nanuq' 's math, navigation, or rope knot brain teasers. As I fly over the Earth I'm usually thinking about Mercator Projection, most pilots are thinking about their next drink or are mentally undressing the last woman they saw. They are better adjusted humans.

Come to think of it, it's probably why I love this web site. Subliminally, when someone like Freddy makes mention of the horizontal misalignment of the main, three o'clock, and nine o'clock cannon pins of the Rolex, post El Primero in house 116520 movement? I don't feel so alone.

:lol:

Too true. In the non-virtual I'm known for my huge catalogue of completely useless information. To get to the bottom of this will merely add to the lot. Evidenced I'm usually not stumped by 'Nanuq' 's math, navigation, or rope knot brain teasers. As I fly over the Earth I'm usually thinking about Mercator Projection, most pilots are thinking about their next drink or are mentally undressing the last woman they saw. They are better adjusted humans.

Come to think of it, it's probably why I love this web site. Subliminally, when someone like Freddy makes mention of the horizontal misalignment of the main, three o'clock, and nine o'clock cannon pins of the Rolex, post El Primero in house 116520 movement? I don't feel so alone.

lol... This post pretty much sums up why you are one fascinating fellow.

Hey Dems, when you're done you can think through why I'd need to establish THE best possible "point of tangency" for my system plane, approx 3,800 nm on a side. Consider spherical trig, projected paths and points of intersection, and displaying that representation on a flat surface.

What am I up to??? ;)

Hey Dems, when you're done you can think through why I'd need to establish THE best possible "point of tangency" for my system plane, approx 3,800 nm on a side. Consider spherical trig, projected paths and points of intersection, and displaying that representation on a flat surface.

What am I up to??? ;)

The knee jerk response is that you are trying to find a short cut on the Iditarod, or want to ride your mountain bike to go and see Thomas. You're up to the task, but shortest route is just smart. But there is too much application here for simple rhumb line v. Great Circle navigation of route.

I dunno, but drawing from who you are I think you are possibly mulling over the math trying to realize orientation of numerous travelers (Scouts) that are, well, Scouts like good pilots are never lost, only temporarily disoriented but apart from one another. By applying most of the above it is possible they can all travel predetermined tangents from known positions and eventually cross paths without the aid of communication or basic RxT=D data. All the above criteria apply to The Four Travelers problem. It's the only thing I can come up with. As far as the 'flat surface', perhaps you want to tranpose the math onto a land navigation chart using landmarks as the centers of the three circles and common tangents solution(s) and then procede from there. The Four Travelers problem has a 3D solution but you can also solve it without leaving the plane. A damage plan for the worst case scenario. The troop becoming separated in groups.

Kind of like I tell my kids if the three of us get lost in Wal-Mart. I'll meet you in the back left hand corner of the store as you have your back to the entrance. I usually find the youngest coming from the pet dept., the eldest from electronics, me from sporting goods. We join up somewhere around housewares well short of the back left hand corner.

getting back on topic, the fascinating thing (to me at least) about the aforementioned member cvg_* phenomenon is how the member(s) join on different dates each month starting (based on my informal survey of the pages) in january 2008. this isn't 30 new memberships per day for a couple months -- it's 300-400 sporadic new memberships over the past 24 months :o

:ph34r:

deltatahoe

Not SPAMBOT, they're Downloader Trojans; Troj/Dloadr-CVG. Someone trying to hack the system as they did the old RWG in '06 through a back door. Wonder who that was :whistling:.

Obviously failed, but that's not the fun part. It's whom? When exactly was 'TTK' banned? From here I mean. Not in '06, from 'there' :whistling::)