When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

best replica classification

nicoz

I have searched through out the forum, but i didn't found anything about...

Which replica watch do you believe is the closest to he genuine one?

I mean, not a specific watch of a particular dealer, but the brand wacth.

That is Rolex Submariner? Omega UPO 45 mm? or other else?

Which are your standings?

i was not talking about you favorite watch,

but objectively which watch is closest to the original.

Objectively there is no such thing as objectivity where human beings are concerned.

To some a sunken date wheel is a disaster on par with a plague of famished locusts, while others would hardly notice. Some people appear able to tell if the shape of a crown guard is off by a fraction of a micrometer, when I would have sworn on my granny's grave that rep and gen CGs are identical.

Also, it's not as if a lot of people own all or several of the top reps and can say which is the better one. Basically, there's probably just Lani. ;-)

My votes, from what I own and all I've read, is that the two most accurate offerings are the SuperOcean Heritage and the 1911 Discovery. However, all the ones mentioned are excellent reps, so why not cut an impossible (and frankly quite pointless, since there is no single answer) quest short and just get the one you like best?

Every watch has a flaw. Whether or not one flaw is considered greater than another is a matter of personal choice. You need to find what watches you're interested in...look for write-ups, reviews, topics, etc on that watch to see what people say about it...and see if the pros outweigh the cons IN YOUR MIND!!

The $180 Ulysse Nardin MMD are extremely accurate watches too...and good value...but a lesser known movement with a good track record so far...but maybe you want ETA...maybe you don't...maybe you want a chrono...maybe you don't care.

Every watch has a flaw. Whether or not one flaw is considered greater than another is a matter of personal choice. You need to find what watches you're interested in...look for write-ups, reviews, topics, etc on that watch to see what people say about it...and see if the pros outweigh the cons IN YOUR MIND!!

The $180 Ulysse Nardin MMD are extremely accurate watches too...and good value...but a lesser known movement with a good track record so far...but maybe you want ETA...maybe you don't...maybe you want a chrono...maybe you don't care.

I would have to agree with Toad. I love my Maxie 45 and It Is one hell of a accurate rep, very well done, nothing feels cheep about It IMHO. Under $200.00, hard to beat. :thumbsupsmileyanim: Mike

Great shot of that Graham, church. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thanks. I really like the watch also. Picked it up second hand from a member (meet locally), don't remember if it was here or TRC. Never had a problem what with it great watch and if they are still available id recommend it. I think it has aftermarket AR coating but I can't remember. And it isn't really big on the wrist probably because I have big wrists lol going out for dinner or at work and at home. Received two comments while in class at the local university both were more facinated by the function and how big it was. Asked about the lever and large reset button. The steelfish has only had a few people comment. Same person at the university who said "wow, looks like it doesn't have glass that is really cool." other people who asked were friends over at the house who picked it up off the counter asking if it was real. I let them know it was a replica and tehy said "yeah, I could tell." Could explain how they could only that they could tell from the back lol.