When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bracelet Repair Suggestions

R0NiN

So I've got a cheap GMT II and one of the screws is stripped out in the bracelet. Now because of how little this guy cost ($68 shipped) normally I'd just look to get a better rep but this was the first automatic Rolex rep I ever got so it has sentimental value. Any suggestions on repairing the link? Should I just glue the screw in? Thanks all!

Wow, that's really generous guys! I would of course pay you for shipping and if you wanted something for the bracelet that would be fine too. What info would you need on the watch to tell if you've a got a band that will fit? Do you need pics?

Thanks!

Are there *any* threads left at all? Is it the bracelet (female) that's stripped or the screw (male) end?

A couple of things come to mind. You can try some Loctite in there, it can fill damaged threads a *little* and might hold it together. Or you can put a drop of superglue in there and assemble it... sometimes that stuff works great. Or not.

If you're really at wit's end, sometimes it works to crush the threaded end of the screw just a little, making sure not to booger up the threads too much. That turns a circular threaded shaft into an oval threaded shaft with a larger primary axis/diameter ... and sometimes that's just enough to grab and then a drop of Loctite will complete it.

Good luck!

I think I just need a normal link all brushed, no polish,I have a red/blue bezel GMT II. I'm happy to pay for postage and whatever you want for the link, should I send you my address?

Thanks!

Sheesh R.. ya pm'd me.. shoulda reminded me .. my brain memory storage is running on reserve .. :lol:

post a pic of the bracelet so we're on the same page please..

AC/L