When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is this forum "free" or not?

AllergyDoc

Just askin'...

Greg, admin of RWG1.1, has posted several times regarding the finances of that board. Sort of like a "state-of-the-state" thread. We know about how much money it takes to run the board, and it's not very much. That board has a sales section and dealers, so it has all the same risks. The software doesn't seem to be as sophisticated as this software is, but that's just software, a one-time expense.

Have finances been openly discussed here? Can someone point me to a thread?

Me thinks you should start your own board Doc..just think of all the money you saved trough the years with the knowledge and contacts and not having to donate to support any board.. must be in the thousands save.. enough to start your own replica board for free.. no need to ask for donations.. and when members question everything you do after years of giving your time and money .. and insinuate "finances"..... cause there will always be "one" ...

Seems like you didn't have a problem when things were absolutely free all these years huh ?? .. :rolleyes:

did you bother to look at those that were shelling out cash when the board was in need, or did you turn the other cheek and think "not my problem" .....did you ever buy just one raffle ticket??

maybe it's your post didn't receive the reply's ??... did you feel unappreciated ?? ..

Sorry Doc, but I am getting very tired of your going on about finances.. what I do here like many others is unconditional.. go look at the donation tracker... sure some may think I give enough to not have to donate for Platinum membership.. like I say,.. talk is cheap.. and I would not ask members to donate to the community without me doing the very same, outside of raffles.

Mods refuse to be allowed to enter raffles.. or accept "gifts" of any knid.. I tried a couple of years ago during the Holiday's .. so I do take this with more than just a passing interest..

your diatribes are becoming quite useless, to me anyway,if there was a hint of abuse of any kind I could see your approach,... if there were mismanagement of any kind with funds I could understand and would be the first to leave... to keep questioning everything that is done.. I feel like your best off starting your own Forum.. and feeling for yourself what is "free"

like your "just asking".. I'm just "saying"

L

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like you didn't have a problem when things were absolutely free all these years huh ?? .. :rolleyes:

I've donated to every board I've been on except RWG1, which didn't accept payments of any kind. I've donated multiple times to RG and RWI, and actually here as well. In the past, the only time I came over here was to start pictorial threads. I got 98% of my rep info from the boards I donated to. Did you think RWG2 was the only repository of replica watch info? Here again, you're calling someone a freeloader.

I've donated to every board I've been on except RWG1, which didn't accept payments of any kind. I've donated multiple times to RG and RWI, and actually here as well. In the past, the only time I came over here was to start pictorial threads. I got 98% of my rep info from the boards I donated to. Did you think RWG2 was the only repository of replica watch info? Here again, you're calling someone a freeloader.

those are your words .. not mine in this instance.. but if you feel it Doc.. and if the shoe fits (in your mind) .. then your the one wearing it not me..I'm fine with what I do...

if in fact you have donated to every board .. why all the fuss ?? .. because your feelings were hurt.. imagine that ??

I don't recall anyone ever calling you out on it?? so you have donated pictorials.. your the only one??

If your contributions are so great .. why are you the one with negative feelings..if it were me.. I would just be satisfied in knowing that I did something for the board and the community.

you think your the only one that has claimed to have donated to every board?? ..

As I say.. if you are that unhappy .. and it would appear so after resurrecting this thread..

Start your own Forum

if you want to change something do it your way, and with your own creation..

:lol:

I didn't resurrect this thread. If anyone did, it was Gran and Josetann, two "old-timers."

You know what, I like you Lani. Always have.

So, I'm gonna argue with you.

Checked the weather forecast for today: 72° and showers in Honolulu. 47° and fog here. Wish I was in Hawaii.

I like me too.. but I still beat up on maself when I make mistakes.. :lol:

and take responsibilities for "my" own actions.. as I raise kids to do the same.. take ownership of your shit.. is what I say.. not very eloquent.. but it gets the message across..

So you only get 2% of your knowledge here.. did you know O/S went to GZ to set up his watch tools.. and whilst he was there set up the dealer that you rave about?? and doing this with his own capitol ?? so the community could have another dealer ?? you can read all about it in his GZ journal...... I would say more than 2% Doc.

my fave time of year in Hawaii.. cool ..

thank you, and have a good weekend..

L

did you know O/S went to GZ to set up his watch tools.. and whilst he was there set up the dealer that your rave about?? and doing this with his own capitol ?? so the community could have another dealer ??

I knew most of that. He and Col set up that shop.

Did you know that he found out about Mary from Luthier, master geetar-maker to the rock stars? Luthier resides on RWG1.1.

I hope to rave about Mary. She ordered the wrong UPO. She's corrected the mistake, but my order's going to take a month to complete. I'm too impatient to wait a month for a couple of watches.

I guess some will never "get it".. too many excuses and such.. pointing the finger.. not taking responsibility ..

yes to all your facts above.. I was referring to the fact that OS did the actual leg work for the forum.. and of course now you renege on your comments of Watch International.. predictable fo sure..

such is the Universe..

Eclectic to say the least.. but we all enjoy and love watches.. the ONE thing we have in common..

Let it be Doc..

Look forward to joining your forum Doc... absolutely free.. :lol:

I think Lanikai has been put on the defense. Things a little steamier than necessary. I don't want to get involved, my lame joking attitude aside for a moment though...

Lanikai himself has colorful words for people that post PM's on the open forum, but I am going to take a chance and post one. Directly from a PM I received from Lanikai over a year ago.

(donating) does not make you any less of a member in my eye's or anyone elses for that matter..

I think that needed to be seen. Now...

Post some pictures of your nipples. Go!