When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is this forum "free" or not?

AllergyDoc

Um.. I don't believe anyone was inconvenienced TT..

I am the member that 'promised"the bracelet.. and this is the reason that I said I would refund the 30 usd in the first place.. after sourcing an MBK never worn bracelet.. Gatcha pm's me and request a different bracelet.. which would of cost me money out of pocket..GM..pm's me and allis resolved.. but the bracelet he decides on that I have is cheap and missing end links.. the missing end links ifs my fault.

but I promised the bracelet.. so I ordered a riveted bracelet from Yuki's .. 100 usd.. and it has arrived, I hadn't realized I had a deadline last we messaged I told you I would get one, my fault.. I didn't want to make excuses so I just ordered one... but now I find no need to send it.

and this was just what GM and I had discussed... "calling me out" to be more than honest about the "deal", before prior investigation..I felt that since I had made a commitment .. even if it cost me 100 usd out of pocket I would follow through..

but I will call it as "I"it see it..GM your a fricken crybaby ma man.. and for someone who would of gotten a very nice bracelet.. you will get your 30 usd back and please don't bother to PM me about your bracelet .. I don't need it and would rather give it away than recoup my money, by selling it.

AC/Lani

More power to you! Frame the bracelet, put it on the wall and name it "Cogita ante salis."

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am the member that 'promised"the bracelet.. and this is the reason that I said I would refund the 30 usd in the first place.. after sourcing an MBK never worn bracelet.. Gatcha pm's me and request a different bracelet.. which would of cost me money out of pocket..GM..pm's me and allis resolved.. but the bracelet he decides on that I have is cheap and missing end links.. the missing end links ifs my fault.

but I promised the bracelet.. so I ordered a riveted bracelet from Yuki's .. 100 usd.. and it has arrived, I hadn't realized I had a deadline last we messaged I told you I would get one, my fault.. I didn't want to make excuses so I just ordered one... but now I find no need to send it.

and this was just what GM and I had discussed... "calling me out" to be more than honest about the "deal", before prior investigation..I felt that since I had made a commitment .. even if it cost me 100 usd out of pocket I would follow through..

but I will call it as "I"it see it..GM your a fricken crybaby ma man.. and for someone who would of gotten a very nice bracelet.. you will get your 30 usd back and please don't bother to PM me about your bracelet .. I don't need it and would rather give it away than recoup my money, by selling it.

AC/Lani

Wow the cheek of some people... I remember this and i say good on you Lani.

You offered the guy a big favour, he's not happy with the time frame and comes here and has a big bleed about it? Save your self the bracelet you kindly offered and send this guy a bandaid. COD of course.

The manors on kids these days...

AC/Lani

Bro, you're 100% spot on there. From what I've seen, GM has been entirely unreasonable about things. If you're of a mind to give the Yuki bracelet away, I know someone who would more than appreciate it. I was going to be sending them a vintage riveted bracelet (when I can order one) for their vintage Newman, but if you want to pass on the Yuki bracelet rather than selling it, I can't think of a more deserving recipient at the moment :) If you want, I can PM you their details :)

AC/Lani

Oh yeah, I remembered the incident but forgot it were 'lanikai' that made the 'bracelet for upgrade' offer. Thanks for revisiting with all the infos Lanikai...........sigh, what was it that other brilliant member had to say on the subject of true benevolence? Oh yes;

No good deed goes unpunished..........

Like we all said to 'Ubiquitous' that time; then gesture is made outward to the benefit of others, seemingly, but the real rewards are paid inward in the form of Karma. And a good night's sleep.

Or maybe it were just 'Omni' who said that.

Cheers 'lanikai'

But let's not lose sight of the 'thing' here. 'AllergyDoc' started all this fracas. See the Pandora's box you opened up Doc? I don't believe in banning as all can be worked out by calmer heads. But a suspension of posting privileges? That's not entirely uncalled for. If not down right funny. :p

Sorry, Lani, but I'm calling you out.

And, for everybody else to see, here's the entire set of PM'ed messages (only the names and addresses were removed). The same message was sent to TwoTone.

Hello TwoTone,

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my post.

The original offer by Lanikai was made on this thread:

And, since then we've exchanged private messages (none of these I have altered in anyway):

Which brings me to today still waiting for a bracelet that was offered if I paid the $30 for the year membership.

As you can all see, I was requesting ANY bracelet. Even the "scratched-up" one that was originally part of the deal. (And, the photos you posted showed NO scratches.) So, after no replies to my PMs, I figured hell…why not just send me a cheaper bracelet. And, I know the Oyster bracelets are cheaper then the MBK (Submariner flip-lock ones). I even replied in a PM saying that I thought they were cheaper. And, in fact, they are. I just recently ordered one from Silix…$25. I also offered you a TRADE of my more expensive Rolesor bracelet for a cheaper one. And, like I said, I would've been happy if you had just sent me an Oyster CLASP! Or, ANYTHING!! But, it seemed that every time I emailed you about getting a bracelet, you were coming up with a different excuse: 1) this one has scratches. 2) get a gator strap. 3) let me look for something else. All these seemed like delay tactics, considering that your original offer was made in late October. It seemed that you hadn't any intentions of sending me a bracelet, because if you had, it would've been sent out during the week of the deal.

I've had no problem exchanging items with other RWG members here.

AC/Lani

Ball is in your court. <_<

This is obviously a misunderstanding. I think GM has been reasonable. I think everyone has been reasonable. Except my contribution in the original thread was pissy. I apologize for that. I don't even remember posting there. The good news is I have gotten laid since then.

And I'm really not sure how, but if you give me some time, I'm sure I can pin this on Doc too. I think if Doc sent GM a suitable bracelet it would be a kind gesture. Doc?

Well dems.. Gatchaman can piss off for all I care.. to share personal pm's on the board is going way over the line..

I have all 3 bracelets... I did order and pay out of pocket for a Yuki's riveted with the clasp that he scanned and sent.. sorry this is no longer about being a supporter....you'll get your 30 usd back a "free" VIP status .. and your attitude of genuine quality for rep prices

Gatcha if you feel better spreading my personal messages on the board it really shows what kind of spineless prick you are..

so what does that prove?.. I "was" going to follow through with my promise,.. and as I said I would be out of pocket.. I didn't mention 100 usd after the fact.. sorry if I didn't move fast enough for you.. but you would of gotten a nicer bracelet that originally promised... and I did offer to refund your money personally.

Just so you don't think I'm blowing smoke GM

these are the bracelets in question George...

The Yuki's on the left (arrived this week), the riveted in the middle.. I have the end links in use and are the only ones that fit my 1655.. my fault.. I failed to message you that I was ordering another bracelet.. I figured "no excuse" my responsibility. the far right is the sub oyster which imo would of looked silly on your watch

br004.jpg

the proper clasp you wanted .. the Yukis is a much better quality for your watch.. I do have tons of other responsibilities beside this forum that have taken up a lot of time.. which I need not get into..

br002.jpg

I told you I would get you what you wanted.. it just took to long for you and you chose to post some personal pm's so go ahead with whatever you want to do.

But let's not lose sight of the 'thing' here. 'AllergyDoc' started all this fracas. See the Pandora's box you opened up Doc? I don't believe in banning as all can be worked out by calmer heads. But a suspension of posting privileges? That's not entirely uncalled for.

If you have any sway with the admin here, Make it so #1. Apparently the only way I'll ever stop blowing so much time on the rep watch fora is to be banned, or not be allowed to post.

I AM seeing an angle here, though... More sex = less time on the rep watch fora

I'll try floating that with the missus.

I started this thread with the hopes of raising awareness of

No, it is a good thread. 5 pages, but it came as a surprise. The tenet of it. I'm a [censored] by nature and considering RWG original recipe? I think the Noobs here are handled with kid gloves. Requests/pressure for patronage from the member group notwithstanding. It did bring awareness, as I was oblivious. Still kinda am.

As far as the other; if you were banned here, you'd just be yelling SPARTA! by the end of the week. If the missus doesn't want you to be online this often, well, then, yes. The ball is in her court. Good luck with that. :)

Guest techlogik

Brings back memories of RG for me...aaahhh....good times...PMs being posted on the forum by douchebag so-called supporters...Mods changing/deleting posts in threads or just deleting sale threads altogether to hide stuff. I am feeling right at home again. Oh wait, I only go over to RG now to check my PMs because I have a couple of deals working with dealers and need to communicate with them. Otherwise, only spend 5 minutes looking around there now.

Where is my bag of popcorn???

Oh...found it!!!!

15dukg0.jpg

If you have any sway with the admin here, Make it so #1. Apparently the only way I'll ever stop blowing so much time on the rep watch fora is to be banned, or not be allowed to post.

I started this thread with the hopes of raising awareness of

Oh, I see. Platinum members get to say "[censored]" but not VIPs?

So there IS a massage!

there is none Doc !!!

we've all gone above the norm in helping noobs and members that are not VIP's.. common.. you know that for a fact.. you have never ever been treated any differently from anyone here.. nor has any noob or regular member..

We all have bonds with members that are greater than others.. but the Admin team in general do not.. such is human nature.. but I will repeat .. no one is second class here ever.

ahahahaha please!! We ALL know how thats going to go for you. ;)

try putting a sensored word in between brackets. Usually it tricks most forums that filter em, as they dont run the filter through the html guts. [] [/]

We will be running a "Paid for ticket" raffle very shortly.. we need funds to support our Winter usage fees..we have been "giving away" a lot of very good reps lately .. As an appreciation to members who support our monthly usage.

now will the same members step up to the plate??

Will we receive support from everyone that uses the forum??

dunno,.... but the fact remains.... we "all" should be responsible for supporting "our community".. else the responsibility falls on the "elitist" .. if you want to be fair in labeling those who do support the rest of the community..then it has to go both ways me thinks .. do these members block out anyone else that chooses not to help ?? I don't think so...

We are not keeping score .. but I always notice the same members giving to our raffles..maybe it's time for us all to get involved.. then and only then can we really call out the ones who "feel" they are elitist.

rwg.jpg

As a shareholder I have found it abhorrent ever since someone had the downright imbecilic idea of making these little orange signs. Way to create a welcoming community guys.

it was not meant to offend..

the reality is Corgi.. we "need" to meet the usage fees.. otherwise the few "elitist" .. will always be digging in their pockets to support the whole

and please do not make the comment that we as a community do not welcome noobs.. that in and of itself is wayyyyyyy out of context or as you put it.. abhorrent and imbecilic.. or .. just downright dumb :lol:..

if it offends you Corgi that we "have" to raise money.. it is not meant to .... none of us nor the Admin team take a penny for our efforts.. all monies go directly and "only" for keeping the lights on.. if that is to harsh.. it is a fact of life.. not everything in life is absolutely free.

AC/Lani

Oh, I see. Platinum members get to say "[censored]" but not VIPs?

So there IS a massage!

The massage is for Platinum folks...by the woman in Demsey's signature...problem was...she left my place before she gave me her name. :(

On a serious note...I try and help out anyone that asks...and encourage to support the forum if they find the info useful and to ensure continuation of the community.

I think the constant reminders are necessary to promote awareness that while the service is available without the requirement to pay...that to remember that someone is paying for what the "other guy" is getting for free...so people should want to put back if they feel they are getting value. It's kind of like the torrent principcle...keep seeding if you downloaded something...because somebody had to seed for you...so why should you keep leeching.

Without the reminders people won't stop and think that this place could shut down and a valuable resource and community be gone. I always say that contribution could be time and participation...but in the words of the lounge lizards "your love can't pay my bills...I [need] money".

As a side Corgi.. to print my whole screen and post it on the net is this just being malicious ??.. :brow:

not cool at all.

It's a screenshot of my screen, not yours. Nothing pictured there that everyone can't already see. I'm not some kind of elite hacker lanikai. Chill.

Don't even get me started on how sexual RWG has become. All of these .gifs of women stripping and [censored] flashing on your screen. You know some of us have computers in the living quarters of our house and kids and WIVES? Hardy har har... Corgi must be gay!!! No, Corgi just thinks a forum called REPLICA WATCH GUIDE should be about REPLICA WATCHES not REPLICA [censored]. I would become an ultra super duper supporter if there was a button to turn all of your softcore off on RWG. J.H. TAP DANCEING CHRIST.

It's a screenshot of my screen, not yours. Nothing pictured there that everyone can't already see. I'm not some kind of elite hacker lanikai. Chill.

funny it's identical to my screen .. exactly..

I think you best "chill" son.. great contribution you have to the community :lol:

nice to have your trolling back bud.. :lol: and your "creativity" too 8)