When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Waiting for my ET V5.x DSSD

Beano

Given the level of interest when ET published pics of the the upgrades for the v5 and then the subsequent posts about varying levels of QC. I was wondering if anyone has actually received their new v5.x DSSD yet? :unsure:

Mine is en route to the EU - so no tracking available. Just waiting for the email to say it's arrived and to advise when I should receive it.

Obviously very keen to see the watch, up close to ensure all is well :bounce:

Fingers crossed..

Beano

I just got mine. The pearl is so close to gen--it's awesome. Dial is great too--better print, and correct marker thickness.

Posting review shortly... :)

Can`t wait Gio :D :D

Beano

I wouldnt worry about tracking number to much. My tracking number arrived after the watch. Not the DSSD though.

Gio I am sure got a handpicked version given his standing with the forums, I am more interested in seeing what the majority of us get from ET.

Guest techlogik

Waiting for the "other" reviews Gio....hold up...didn't you post somewhere they you live around Tampa/St. Pete? I need to swing by for a personal live photo session with the model.... :drinks:

After much anticipation my DSSD arrived today. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Unpacked the jiffy envelope (for such a weighty watch, I would have thought more substantial packaging would be used to protect the watch) and.... the second hand has come off and has bent... :black_eye: :black_eye:

PM'd & emailed Helina and await her reply - so far communications has been good on this transaction, so fingers crossed.

I thought I would provide a mini-review of based on my first impression (sorry no pics at the moment as camera has been left at a friends!). Please note that I have not removed the protective plastics (apart from on the crystal) as I expect it will get returned:

Case:

All parts seem to align properly. SELS sit neatly

Crystal:

Not had such a domed crystal before - now I understand the issues with getting a true face-on picture without getting any distortion.

Bezel:

Movement is not as solid as on my SSD, but very acceptable. Markings look good to me - no under/over paint.

Watch Face:

Where the second has has come off, it looks like its scratch the text on 'DEEPSEA' and 'Perpetual' but the text looks to be straight. As are the hour markings.

DW sits true in the window

Looks like I've got an example the off-set ring lock text - 'E' is to the left of 12 hour marker, with the 'C' of lock sitting under the 6.

The pearl is perfect

Lume - is the best I've had on a rep (there is some!).

Strap:

From what I can see/feel - the glide-lock seems to work well. Clasp is slightly misaligned. I would not think this is noticeable when wearing the watch. Obviously a good clean and lube works wonders, but nothing looks to be wrong with this strap and clasp.

In summary then, major disappointment with the damaged second hand (and the scratch on the face). Pleased with the overall look and feel of this beast....

Regarding the ring lock text - can anyone confirm if this is an easy fix or not?

Looks like I won't be wearing a new watch when Santa visits, but hopefully Helina and the team can sort me out.

Regards,

Beano

I did a pretty extensive review on mine last week with quite a few photos. mine has issues as well. About 7 different things I emailed Helina about after i got and Email from them asking me to do a review! Basically, I lowered the hammer on them about their nonexistent quality control, and the fact that it will eventually destroy their credibility with forum members.

I think what is happening here is folks are reading the reviews and seeing some of the seriously flawed watches they are sending out, yet they keep ordering, everyone hoping that theirs is going to be "that perfect one" and then are very disappointed when it arrives and it's just another flawed watch.

Just my Dos centavos

Arthur

Yes, the qc definitely needs to step it up, or at least just drop-ship them and be done with it quicker.

What's odd is, it also seems to vary by board. Over at RWI, I see a ton of threads with lots of responses praising the pieces, other boards it's mostly bad, here it seems 50/50.