When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

asian rolex 3135-clone

p-lund

Guest techlogik

it is not a clone of anything rolex, it is a modded asain 28xx thats all

:good:

What he said. It is just the Asian 2836-2 Swiss clone decorated to look like a 3135. The bridge and engraving are different. A few modders have seen them and are somewhat impressed.

The problem is, they are charging real Swiss movement prices for an Asian Clone...not good...

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the "gold" version of them....The newer silver ones also have Rolex engravings on them, and are a little more slick looking.

apt085.jpg

This one that I have runs at a steady +4/day after I adjusted it with a timegrapher, and I'm pretty impressed with it. I have a silver colored one in an Explorer and I'm fully satisfied with it, too. They both came WAY off, but after adjusting they've been great. :)

hi ! i saw that trustytime sells noobmariners with a new asian rolex 3135-clone. i wonder if any of you guys have any experience of them, and if so, are they worth the extra expence compared to the ETA 2836 ? looking foreward to a rewiew on this. thanks

Here's the "gold" version of them....The newer silver ones also have Rolex engravings on them, and are a little more slick looking.

apt085.jpg

This one that I have runs at a steady +4/day after I adjusted it with a timegrapher, and I'm pretty impressed with it. I have a silver colored one in an Explorer and I'm fully satisfied with it, too. They both came WAY off, but after adjusting they've been great. :)

Your pic shows the common asian 21j, not the new folex clone.

Regarding the clone; the cartel charges the same amount of $$$ for the 3135-clone and the swiss eta. While it's all a gamble i would take the swiss eta above the 3135-clone.

The other thing to note though, is that SOME of the reps with the new movement and the premium price are also updated versions of the reps...better insert fonts, new steel (316F vs. L), etc, etc...so is it worth it??? It depends on what you feel the incremental upgrades are worth for improved accuracy.

While it's all a gamble i would take the swiss eta above the 3135-clone.

Well, I would too.

But you have no way of knowing where your "eta" was sourced if buying from a Chinese dealer.

There are a few certifiable sources of genuine Swiss eta movements today but they are fading fast. I know of none in China that I would trust as being "Swiss Made".

That said, the Chinese can and do make good mechanical watch movements, along with a lot of crap. The question comes down to sorting it all out. That's one of the good reasons we have this board, which functions as something of a real time feedback system on quality. I urge all members to examine the movements in the watches they receive and post them here for feedback if they have any doubts as to whether the movement they have purchased has actually been delivered.

Carl

Ah....good thing the watch only cost me $75 then...with sapphire (tested with diamond tester), and independent setting hand. ;)

apt093.jpg

Your pic shows the common asian 21j, not the new folex clone.

Regarding the clone; the cartel charges the same amount of $$$ for the 3135-clone and the swiss eta. While it's all a gamble i would take the swiss eta above the 3135-clone.

Edited by Jay Bee

Well, I would too.

But you have no way of knowing where your "eta" was sourced if buying from a Chinese dealer.

There are a few certifiable sources of genuine Swiss eta movements today but they are fading fast. I know of none in China that I would trust as being "Swiss Made".

That said, the Chinese can and do make good mechanical watch movements, along with a lot of crap. The question comes down to sorting it all out. That's one of the good reasons we have this board, which functions as something of a real time feedback system on quality. I urge all members to examine the movements in the watches they receive and post them here for feedback if they have any doubts as to whether the movement they have purchased has actually been delivered.

Carl

My point is now dealers have clone priced same as so called "swiss eta". Take the clone whenever you can, but don't pay "swiss eta" price for what is known beforehand as a clone.

Offcourse, "Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get." whether it be surplus/used or clone eta. Atleast you did not pay the premium.

Guest techlogik

I would avoid these 3135s for now. Myself and another person had the keyless works hosed up from the start.

Why get a crappy clone when you can pay Swiss for the same price?!?! Makes no sense.

I was just wondering who, here, takes their case back off and shows the movement to folks. The movement is the biggest dead giveaway there is to your rep. Engraving 3135 on the bridge does not a 3135 make. If you show the movement to them they will know for sure then...won't just think anymore.