When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Any way to shave CG's without removing crown?

clkcadet

I am trying to mod a newly acquired SSD v2 by shaving the CG's and of course replacing the bezel insert.

The insert is not a problem, but shaving the CG's might be a problem for me. I once tried to remove the crown and shave the CGs the conventional way, but I screwed up the keyless works.

Is there any other way to do this? I bought a small precision file but I find it too hard to file down the CG's with this.

Any help is much appreciated.

I wouldn't recommend pulling the crown out to the time setting position and filing away. You're bound to get crap in the movement.

Use a 1.2mm screwdriver to remove the stem. On the Asian 21j you just have to poke the release button gently while pulling the stem out. I also like to remove the case tube when I'm filing cg's- helps if you're installing gen or aftermarket parts.

Ha, seeing "[censored]" pop up in posts makes me laugh as I can then substitute words and come up with funny sentences sometimes! On the forum I administer I can set up a translation table for the "censor" so I can have it substitute different words. It's hillarious...

I always atleast de-case the movement and usually the tube but if leaving all that on I would think it still good to protect the crown in some way from an errant slip! Maybe some thin "heat-shrink" tubing on the crown?