When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New silver ROO

daytonaboy

For the bezel-removing; you can "unscrew" those tiny rings, use a very thin screwdriver or a toothpic and unscrew them...allign the bezel and screw tight again...more easy than sending it back!

Theo

No - for the $500 paid, I want an already-aligned bezel. Agree on the sending back ... my fingers will be crossed for next few weeks. Thankfully Josh is great w/communication.

Meantime, it's back to the rubber-clad. : )

post-23200-126082355431_thumb.jpg

This is the one which will be delivered to me in Q1/2010...horny stuff!

This is a stunning piece of steel - the only thing imho would be an AR treatment and maybe a steel bracelet - nothing else!

Even the leather strap is nice, but not really my taste for this kind of watch.

As I am located in EU, my fav suppliers would be ETZ or PT - ask them if they could deliver it and how much it is.

I also had the issue with the unalligned bezel, but it didn´t work with the toothpick, nor with the screwdriver. I had to build my own "special" tool for unscrewing this...THIS was a job…

If there is no customs issue and if you have the time, send it back and get it repaired.

Best, and wear it with pride!

J

Dude, that rubberclad looks gen!

The gen has AR?

Yes - gen .. E-series. Not sure when the change-over was for AR.

You beat me to it! Congrats on the watch, sorry about the bezzle. I thought for sure mine would arrive today but alas it did not. Can you speak about the strap and your thoughts on the quality?

Strap was impressive .. all corners nicely glued .. uniform shaping around plots .. clean edges, w/consistent stitch spacing .. no issues w/painted sides cracking when bent .. convincing langkawi embossing. With limited exposure to water or sweat, I'd expect a good 2+yrs of wear.

I do wish they'd address the clasp holes - hidden on the gen (see arrow).

post-23200-126088383186_thumb.jpg

No worries on size they are the same

different measuring point been discussed 100 times on this forum

rep and gens have been compared face to face they are the exact same size

believe a 2 mm difference would be huge and not many of us would buy the rep

To the op

great looking watch thanks for posting

Just opened my box.......

pics and a quick review to come as soon as I can....

or should I say, till the sun comes up so I can take some natural light shots....

cant seem to get a good picture with a flash (a cameraman, I am not!)

Looking forward to that mate.

Theo

• 3 weeks later...

Replacement arrived.

Bezel hex fitment is notably better - although not as perfect as the black/white Themes I've seen posted (see 10:00 and 11:00 hex).

One thing to note - under a loupe, several of the grommets below each hex were squished through to the front. From a distance, these appeared as gaps/poor fitment. I was able to trim by tracing around the hex perimeter w/a needle.

Overall, a keeper .. but I see a gen in my future. :whistling:

Daytona any news about your replacement?

I'm waiting your news to order one.

post-23200-126313995904_thumb.jpg

Edited by daytonaboy

Thanks Daytona!!

About the hex issue, do you think is a general issue of this model or it is because the dealer removed the bezel to fix the position?

I'm in a very difficult position now. I don't know whether to buy the Silver themes or the Volcano. After seeing your video and Apollo Volcano's pics, I can't take a decision. Andrew is selling an orange leather strap with orange stitching for the Volcano, but I couldn't find any post talking about the quality of it.