When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My first year with RWG family.... :)

jmarin.72

Today is my 1st year anniversary here in RWG :rolleyes: 12 months have gone by since my first noob :2: post ... :blush:

What is impressive is that i found my way here through a GEN forum,and believe it or not buying my first reps led me to that GEN forum :wacko:

My history with watches does not go to far behind,i bought my first gen 2,5 years ago and i bought my first rep 5 months later.Like most of

the average Joes out there i fell for the AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA+ SWISS GRADE SUPER REPS :blush:,payed 500$ for an A7750 Navitimer.This was my first ever purchased rep.I got to say at first i was impressed,i never expected for a rep watch to be so nicely built...then i bought another and then another ...my first 3 purchases were at a total price of 1500$...(forgot to mention that my second purchase was a Daytona with secs @6 which of course failed me 2 times and cost me a two times trip back and forth to my dealer,little did i know back then about the 11 gears modified movement!!!).After that i found another dealer with better prices and standard rep quality...yet another round of back and forth trips for some of my reps,but i was already getting the habit of it and came to relize that patience is rule and virtue No1 in this game. :closedeyes:

This was my first year in the rep world,i consider it to be a hard training year,learned a lot through trial and error...

Then RWG came into my life...i first learned about RWG in a GEN forum,i won't get into details here.

In my fist year in here i've learned a lot...i've learned more about horology and watches than i could ever possibly imagine i could in a

rep forum.I've learned that reps are not what most of the average people think they are,i've learned that a rep will still be a rep and a gen will always be a gen no matter what and these roles cannot be changed but little difference does this make to me.A rep might still be a rep but the important thing with this is that we can work on a rep :weight_lift2: to make it better and more powerfull :bb: ...we cannot do that with a gen :bangin: so there is no fun in buying one!!! :bleh:

Besides the knowledge the most important thing i found in here is the support i needed to back this knowledge up and make my reps better.I have no watchmaking skills...but other do,and they are here for me to back me up and help me with my quest.They have serviced my reps,they have helped me make them look better and more gen like,they have been there to provide me with all the answers,tools and parts sources i needed...they have been there for me and this is what really counts in a family.I have made good friends and had a lot of fun pm's and conversations in the threads. :gathering:

I could go on on for hours talking about you guys (and i mean all RWG members!!!) but i bet you have other jobs to do rather than reading a ten miles long post :1:

But i would like to personally thank Ubi,Demonslayer,By-Tor,Omega,Domenico,The Zigmeister,Concepta and CT for their help in modifing my watches and sourcing parts,Lanikai for being an inspiration to us all,Col for what he did regarding the Australian fires raffle and all his effort to keep this alive and running :1a:,BK for his exceptional watches and services and of course the Admin team for keeping everything in order!!!

There are many more members here i would like to thank but the list is endless!!!A HUGE THANK YOU TO YA ALL GUYS,YOU ARE THE ELITE OUT THERE :1a:

John

Is it really only 1 year?

You know, those who make this place their home, just appear to seamlessly fit into the community, and it's like they have been around for ever. Just like well used quality furniture, or that pair of old slippers!

And we also have those that have been here a long time, who really only get enjoyment by creating friction, (and they know who they are.) They are more like that piece of nouveau modernist furniture, that is uncomfortable to use, shouts loudly with its colour scheme, and is just out of place in the style of the establishment, or is a pain to the soles!

So more power to the quality used piece...glad to have you and you ilk around, enjoy many more years here.

Offshore

Is it really only 1 year?

You know, those who make this place their home, just appear to seamlessly fit into the community, and it's like they have been around for ever. Just like well used quality furniture, or that pair of old slippers!

And we also have those that have been here a long time, who really only get enjoyment by creating friction, (and they know who they are.) They are more like that piece of nouveau modernist furniture, that is uncomfortable to use, shouts loudly with its colour scheme, and is just out of place in the style of the establishment, or is a pain to the soles!

So more power to the quality used piece...glad to have you and you ilk around, enjoy many more years here.

Offshore

Thank you O/S,those words coming from you do mean a lot to me mate :D

This forum has saved me a great deal of money spent on overpriced watches and i do not forget this.

TBH since my first time in here i have ended every deal i had with my previous dealers and i am only buying

watches from RWG members and i use BK's services when i need to get the best rep out there or WM9's Rolexes.

BK is an asset to this community and his services are remarkable.Since i arrived here and got infected with

the "disease" i came to the conclusion that the the only way to get a worthy watch was to start dealing with

RWG members :good: So i started clearing my collection by selling most of the stuff in here and getting

funds in order to upgrade my collection with higher modded and well cared watches.

Another plus of being a member in here is that our reps can be sold fairly easily and at a good price,so we can cut some of the acceptable losses we all have when buying a rep watch.But the most important thing is that through these transactions i have met some of the nicest people

out ther and gained some good friends. :drinks: this is what counts the most for me guys

Thank you all for being such a great family to me :drinks: