When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New DSSD.. how to get the clasp to stay closed?

mrshagz

Not sure what your problem might be have you looked at Lani's guide on the clasp lock it might help. Post pics

On an aside make sure you check the screws on bracelet as I have heard of a few falling out on these.

So your saying it doesn't close flush with the bracelet ??

alert your dealer of the problem.. he may choose to send you another bracelet...

look to see it anything is hindering the clasp from closing fully.. but definitely contact your dealer and advise him of the issue..sounds like something is blocking the clasp from it's full range of motion..

AC/Lani

Sounds like it needs to be a little tighter, which you can do by carefully squeezing the sides with pliers. I would definitely contact the seller and ask him for a replacement bracelet or clasp.Another case of non-existant QC. It would be so much easier to check these watches before they are shipped out. Worrying about customs one way is bad enough, but worrying about sending one back, and then another one raises the odds of customs problems a lot. Plus you have the hassle of repacking the watch and paying the postage for a trip back to where it originated. Getting a bracelet or clasp certainly doesn't pose the risks or problems associated with shipping a watch.

Arthur

Well as of rite now my dealer has not been communicating with me, but here's so more photo proof of what my situation is.. From what he's been telling me so far is every watch has its problems suck it up, but that doesnt fly with me, i believe some standards have to met with the reputation you think you have earned.

post-15149-12613844107_thumb.jpg

Have you tried tweaking the side of the latch with pliars? If the ball-bearing is definitely the problem, then it's going to need a new clasp. Best of luck getting things resolved :):good: Yes, many of the DSSDs lately have been showing flaws of some kind, but a safety latch which will not stay closed is something which any decent QC check would have revealed. It's totally unacceptable for a 'trusted dealer' to take that attitude with a customer :thumbdown: If they refuse to help you, you should name them publicly.

ya well its starting to get that way.. Ive emailed him a few more times no response, i'm actually quite shocked.. Ive sent picture proof of the problems and i've been pretty much disregarded, very disappointing.. I have not asked for a refund or anything of that sort, I just want the issues fixed..

That's really a shame that dealers can use these forums to sell product, but won't stand behind what they sell. Possibly the forum moderators need to be a little more proactive with dealers. I would bet that one email from the forum administrator to a dealer , simply stating," stand behind your products, or your gone", would have a lot more effect than a single members complaints. Every day a dealer visits this forum and sees the number at the top of the page (23393 members Today) He sees a potential for hundreds if not thousands of sales.

IS a dealer who sends you a watch ,that obviously hasn't been inspected by anyone,with problems and correctible flaws, any better than those guys who run the "Scam" sites who send you a watch that isn't what you saw in the photos? Both are sending you defective products. The difference is we know to avoid the "Scammers", but who is protecting us from the "trusted" dealers who won't honor their commitment.

Having said all this and getting this little rant off my chest, yours is and easy fix. You can take a pair of small channellock pliers or use a small vise to GENTLY squeeze the sides just a little. You can try it to see if the detents are catching without mounting it back on the bracelet. I've had to do this with several fliplock clasps from various makers. Some of the older Rolex fliplocks were pretty flimsy, and over time would get looser and looser. A little squeeze and all was well again.

Good luck

Arthur

I read all of the posts over on RWI related to this problem, and I have to admit, Daytona has very clear and specific warranty rules. He is the administrator over there, and I would imagine is trying to source watches for members at a lower price than the regular dealers. Because he is doing this more as a hobby and to help others, I can understand why he has pretty rigid requirements. Dealers wwho work off volume sales, and have lots of watches on hand can replace watches, parts, etc.with no problems, thats what they do for a living.

You didn't mention any of the other problems here, just the fliplock problem, which i believe is and easy fix.

I believe that you have a couple of alternatives to pursue here. You can sell the watch, possibly to one of the fellows on RWI that posted they would buy it, Live with the mistakes and move on, or send it of to one of the folks here on the forums who mod and repair watches. Possibly they can make it better. That of course is going to cost you some money. I would also recommend that in the future, you read the warranty information on the dealers website, or if you have questions, PM or Email the dealer and ask what their warranty, return policy is.

Lastly, and I know you are new to reps, but what you will learn, if you stay around is the basio premise of reps is They are Reps, they aren't genuine watches. They ALL have flaws. Some more than others. QC is almost non-existent. No matter what the dealers proclaim on their websites about being the "Perfect" Ultimate", 1:1 "copied from a genuine watch, they are all put together by folks who probably are on the job trained, don't really care about what it looks like, may be paid on a "piece " basis which rewards speed not quality.These are not Swiss watches assembled by trained watchmakers who won't let a watch leave their bench before it's perfect. Ain't so and Ain't going to happen. Remember this you are buying a 99.99% copy of a 7000.00 USD watch for 300.00 USD. i'm surprised for the most part that they are as good as they are.Before you buy, read the reviews of the watch you want, from the dealer you want to buy from, and make your decision on all the above parameters, not just the one who has the lowest price

Just my Dos Centavos

Arthur

I read all of the posts over on RWI related to this problem, and I have to admit, Daytona has very clear and specific warranty rules. He is the administrator over there, and I would imagine is trying to source watches for members at a lower price than the regular dealers. Because he is doing this more as a hobby and to help others, I can understand why he has pretty rigid requirements. Dealers wwho work off volume sales, and have lots of watches on hand can replace watches, parts, etc.with no problems, thats what they do for a living.

You didn't mention any of the other problems here, just the fliplock problem, which i believe is and easy fix.

I believe that you have a couple of alternatives to pursue here. You can sell the watch, possibly to one of the fellows on RWI that posted they would buy it, Live with the mistakes and move on, or send it of to one of the folks here on the forums who mod and repair watches. Possibly they can make it better. That of course is going to cost you some money. I would also recommend that in the future, you read the warranty information on the dealers website, or if you have questions, PM or Email the dealer and ask what their warranty, return policy is.

Lastly, and I know you are new to reps, but what you will learn, if you stay around is the basio premise of reps is They are Reps, they aren't genuine watches. They ALL have flaws. Some more than others. QC is almost non-existent. No matter what the dealers proclaim on their websites about being the "Perfect" Ultimate", 1:1 "copied from a genuine watch, they are all put together by folks who probably are on the job trained, don't really care about what it looks like, may be paid on a "piece " basis which rewards speed not quality.These are not Swiss watches assembled by trained watchmakers who won't let a watch leave their bench before it's perfect. Ain't so and Ain't going to happen. Remember this you are buying a 99.99% copy of a 7000.00 USD watch for 300.00 USD. i'm surprised for the most part that they are as good as they are.Before you buy, read the reviews of the watch you want, from the dealer you want to buy from, and make your decision on all the above parameters, not just the one who has the lowest price

Just my Dos Centavos

Arthur

+1

I couldn't say it any better myself :good:

ahhh and here comes the backup

It's this sort of attitude that diminished the potential for support in the other forum.

Honestly, dude. Reps may not be for you if you don't get realistic.

And getting all dramatic with an admin...

Just my $0.02.

It's this sort of attitude that diminished the potential for support in the other forum.

Honestly, dude. Reps may not be for you if you don't get realistic.

And getting all dramatic with an admin...

Just my $0.02.

Exactly. I stand by my previous comment that it would not be acceptable conduct from a 'trusted dealer', but, D4M is not a dealer (that's not to say that he's not trustworthy, because he is. Very) But. What a regular dealer might be able to replace with parts, he might not, which is why his terms of business are very clear. This is not a case of 'here comes the back up', and with any other actual dealer, I would say it was unacceptable. But. When someone is so clear and specific about what they will or will not guarantee, it is a classic example of 'choose your dealer, then choose your watch'. Best of luck with getting a satisfactory resolution :good:

I know exactly what's wrong with your clasp, and it's a very very easy fix... very easy. very very very easy. :)

Ooops, did you forget to mention that even after the very obvious caveat emptor statement from D4M, you still threatened to file a claim against the payment? Not cool. I doubt that anyone who reads that will sell to you now, I know I wouldn't.

A credit card dispute? Yeah, just as I figured. Unrealistic and a hazard to dealers is the OP.

No reps for you!

The OP should just go to the mall and buy a new Fossil.

Then see how well they treat him when his clasp doesn't work to his satisfaction.

D4m points out that he should probably not be the first choice for a newbie to buy from and spells out his 12 hour warranty. I have bought one watch from him, a $69 Noobmariner that quit after a day but I did not expect any exchange as I understood his policies and rolled the dice.