When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Blacksteel SA

Samurai

It's hard to believe that he took these pics without cleaning the watch up first...That coating looks wretched with all those finger oil blotches on it. :thumbdown:

If you're going through his online store you will notice numbers of these strange pics. In my opinion most of his pvd/ dlc watches look greyish and like touched with fish and chips fingers :lol:

But: I wasn't disapointed by orders with Josh so far. It is just the bad pic quality...

The SA BS project was abandoned by the original maker right about the time the economy went South.. ergo the delay in the release.. members did send in pics of a genuine for what was to be a replica made form pics.. the project was abandoned and the Noob factory picked up this project but used a genuine SA BS instead of the donated pics by a member .. therefore the huge delay in production.. it was due out shortly after the Skyland BS..so with the first project abandoned .. we have to wait and see how good this is stacked up to the Skyland BS.

the pics are over saturated so.. we just gotta wait for the rep to arrive..

I hope I'm wrong but that looks like PVD to me. The gen is a nitride finish which can be replicated in DLC but not by PVD which comes out too thick and is obviously a coating rather than a metal treatment like nitriding. Either way, I think I'll wait for the price to drop. At least one non cartell dealer has this allready and the price is sure to drop as more get hold of it.

Looks like your version got canned Dave, pity, it may have well been DLC instead.

Col.

Titanium Carbon Nitrate .. true ,..my point being that we will have to await the rep and view the genuine before judgment can be passed ..if it is an altogether a flop.. then that's all part of the hobby

As in the past jumping to conclusions is a pure waste of time and energy .. others can review theirs on other fora's or this one..mine will be an objective view and not one of hype to sell the rep for any dealer.

We all have our dealers of choice .. for whatever reason.. I for one don't look for bargain prices .. long got over that issue.. it's service and parts supply that is big in my choice. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Not meaning to go way off topic here.. but the lowest price doesn't always end up being the best deal.. if I were dealing with genuine watches sure.. but too many times when I first started collecting reps.. my watch would die after a week or so and that was that.. no recourse.. and in the long run I ended up loosing more money in the end.. than paying a little more in the beginning.. needless to say the parts that may be needed much later..

just my .02