When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Noobmariner Bracelet

OzTag

Hi Guys,

I got my noobmariner today, and I am pretty impressed with the dial/bezel/case etc, but true to the gen, the bracelet feels cheap, especially the clasp. I was reading a review of the gen and the reviewer pointed out that the clasp on the gen looks like it belongs on a $200 watch, not a $5k watch.

So...... Im thinking about changing it, any recommendations on a sturdier bracelet that will fit the Noobmariner, Im looking for something with a bit more weight/quality feel.

Cheers

Dylan

Darn, Dylan! The noob bracelet is one of its strong points. At least as far as the hollow mid-links are concerned and the clasp isn't bad either. The SEL's may be the only shortcoming. If you want a cheap bracelet, get a gen Rolex oyster bracelet. The ones from the 60's stamped C&I and made in the USA are a hoot- a true POS.

I guess Im used to my rep Tag bracelet, which is thick, solid & chunky. The Tag Link Chrono rep feels alot better quality.

The Noobmariner feels a little "kitchy", and to be honest I would think it's a rep just by holding it. I guess this is in part because the gen is made this way, but it is a struggle to believe that this watch could be worth the price they command, I mean seriously that bracelet clasp is is like cellophane compared to my tag.

Welcome to the 'Rolex Dilemna'. They overcharge you for a watch and then you find out parts of it aren't what you would think they should be as far as quality is concerned. At least with a noobmariner, you've got a decent rep and you didn't get ripped off. I'm wearing a gen 16800 sub w/ the 93150 bracelet and it's 28 years old, but it's really no better than a noob bracelet. And you can bet I wouldn't pay Rolex $800-1000 for a new bracelet. I put a $70 MBK oyster bracelet on another gen sub- the old oyster was pretty stretched out. And you're right about other gen watches like Tag, Omega, Breitling, Sinn, etc. being a better value for the $. Chalk one up to Rolex marketing.

• 2 weeks later...