When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

EuroTimez service

ICARO36

When you made the WU payment to Eurotimez, you should have received a statement with the amount, the payee (Eurotimez) and a control number. The control number is the only way they can receive the money from their local bank or Western Union office. You had to email or PM that number to them. If you have the document, all you need to do is send them (Eurotimez) a copy of that document with the control number. That is proof that you paid them. In fact the act of issuing you a tracking number and documentation that your watch # XXX was shipped is proof that they received your payment. They would never ship a watch unless it is paid for.

You do need a copy of the Western Union statement with the control number. If you made the payment online you should have printed and saved a copy of the document. Who have you spoken too at Eurotimez? I would PM Helina, as she has been very cooperative in trying to sort out problems. I don

It sounds like he is indicating that the web tracking information indicates it's at his post office, he went to pick it up and was told it was out for delivery with the carrier and has disappeared. If this is indeed the case then I don't see how the blame can be put on ETZ. I have had a neighbor bring me a package (watch) that the carrier dropped in their front yard. That was several months ago and the tracking still shows it as not being delivered as it was never scanned at my address and signed for...

Me thinks that this is a "Gray" area of the agreements from dealers..

granted it is guaranteed that you get your watch, if seized by Customs etc. ... but I'm sort of in a quandary on this one..

it seems the onus is on the Post office and the Carrier .. if it was in fact with the carriers load .. or if it was misplaced in the Postal Unit .(?)

but with that said Eurotimez "Staff" did ship out the watch in question,.. ergo you did in fact make payment otherwise they would not have shipped it out.. and I'm assuming they still have those records.. if they have lost the payment document "and" "lost" the shipping documents then I would say someone is skating those facts.

Now comes the "catch 22".. you cannot tell the PO that it was a rep.. watch "parts" yes.. but you run the risk of bringing added attention to yourself by doing so.. you better formulate a plan of "explaining" if you are going to pursue that line of thought.

If the dealer is claiming not to have any records of your transaction then to me that say's volumes of what they intend to do..I hope you can find your records of the WU transaction or go tot he WU office and see if they have the records form that date..

I hope the PO will cough it up... or if it was delivered to the wrong addy.. which is most likely what happened if the carrier had it in his/her load.. well,.. I wish you luck on that end.

AC/L

If it was physically delivered to some other address it would still have been scanned and the name of the person signing for it would be entered into the system. If tracking still shows it at the Post Office then I would almost bet it's buried under something and the OP was told it was out with the carrier because the person he talked to couldn't find it...

A lot of time the Carrier drops it on the front door during busy times.. and this was definitely a busy time..I'm talking form experience not here say.. carriers can get sloppy at times.

regardless .. it may surface after this week... I would give it a week and see..

Edit add: I'm not "blaming" ETZ in any statements; just going black and white with dealers statements of guarantee.. :)

I've always had to physically sign for EMS, HK Post and SingPost registered airmail they will sometimes just leave in the box... Just a waiting game right now, let's hope for the best!

If this were my watch, this is what i would do. Email a copy of the WU statement to Eurotimez and ask them to open a claim with the post office, if you can't make any headway at the local level. If it was sent EMS, it requires a signature and a delivery scan. If it wasn't scanned at point of delivery and a signature recorded, technically it is still in the posession of the post office, even though they may have misdelivered it or lost it. I would tend to think that either it was pilfered inside the Post Office or it's still under a pile of undelivered parcels. If the post office scanned it "out for delivery" then the responsibility rests on the postman who was responsible for delivering the package to your address and having someone at your address sign for it.Generally that isn't the case, as the package had been scanned and the postman is putting his job and pension on the line for a package that he doesn't even have a clue about the contents.And honestly, you are blaming the Mailman, but there is a good chance he never got the package. Right before Christmas the post offices are flooded with packages. i have a running battle with my post office, between the main post office ,the closest branch and my mail carrier. I NEVER get packages on time. Even express mail which is supposed to be overnight almost always takesand extra day. The postman deliveres a notice but I never know where the psackage is, with the mailman, at the main post office or the branch office, and almost everyone I talk to tells me a different story.

I agree with lani, you need to make sure you tell the post office it's watch parts and not a watch. It isn't going to do any good to go to your local post office and rant and rave about your package being lost. I would however make a copy of all the EMS tracking information and take that to the PO. Talk to the postmaster, not one of the counter clerks.Show him the documents that show the package arrived at the post office, but was never delivered.You might mention to him that the shipper is planning to file a claim if the package isn't found. I have found in most cases, if you aren't confrontational (hard for me!!)but are firm, most folks will be happy to try to help.

ICARO36 Icon

If you email me with your order ID I will ask Chris to make a fake invoice for you that you can bring to the post office together with your Western Union receipt to make a claim. I am not sure of which customer you are but your case sounds very much like one I already took care of and sent a fake invoice to..

However Chris might need one or two day's in order to make it for you, but I need your info sent to my mail below so I can find you in our register!

@ICARO36

I do believe Helina is handling this case, and if i'm not mistaken the "invoice" will be enough to help you either trace your package or they should refund you more then what you've actually paid... We are trying to work with you on this even though it doesn't fall entirely under our policy unless you've significant proof.. Like Helina mention above, we're not exactly sure with which customer we're dealing with. Please contact Helina directly.. thx

It looks like the Eurotimez crew is on this afterall, but a word of caution regarding lost package claims with the post office......

In my experience, it usually takes the post office weeks (if not months) to research a lost package. In the end, they almost always just tell you to contact the shipper to have them register a claim at their end, which results in more wasted time (& no package). :bangin:

Once a package goes wayward in the mail, I just write it off. :black_eye:

In the case of a lost package, the sender (in this case Eurotimez) needs to first initate an inquiry--then the post office will investigate to see if they can track down the package. If they cannot, then Eurotimez needs to file an insurance claim. They need to do this in China or wherever they sent the package. You having an invoice is irrelevant, the ball is in Eurotimez' court and it's the insured amount that Eurotimez declared when sending the package that matters.

under the Universal Postal Agreement, any

enquiries regarding your item have to be initiated in the country of

origin. May I therefore suggest that you contact the senders and ask them

to provide their postal administration with the posting details. This will

enable an investigation to be made from the point of posting.

The sender (Eurotimez) is the contactual partner with the shipping company as they paid the shipping company (and have the receipt) and handed over the package. Only they can claim a lost package.

Sending the buyer an invoice will do him absolutely no good. Eurotimez should know this. In my opinion, they are giving the buyer the runaround!!!

L

Edited by leon32

This is exactly what I said from the beginning...my feeling is eurotimez with the invoice thing is either misunderstanding the problem or skipping it....

The "fake invoice" thing is a paper I could do myself at home and no valid for ANYTHING...here in Spain.....mail company is smarter than that.

There are only TWO real solutions to this....ETZ claims from wherever they want,Asia or UK,they send me that claim paper validated........or they are true to their policy and send a NEW ONE...

EASY RIGHT?

HAPPY NEW YEAR.

The sender (Eurotimez) is the contactual partner with the shipping company as they paid the shipping company (and have the receipt) and handed over the package. Only they can claim a lost package.

Sending the buyer an invoice will do him absolutely no good. Eurotimez should know this. In my opinion, they are giving the buyer the runaround!!!

L

Hi All

The fake invoice has worked in the past that is why I believe it will work now as well. If it does not work then we need proof that the watch has been lost by the post office, a copy of the claim made or similar in order to send out a replacement. We do warranty safe arrival as stated in our policies but we also need proof of it being lost. According to the track number (tracked on http://www.correos.es/) the package has been delivered to the customer - as you all understand we have to protect ourselves too and if we take the customers word for it being lost then it would simply bee to easy for people to get replacements for watches they in reality received. (I am not saying we distrust ICARO36 personally but as we do have a list of pleasant customers who have proven to be untrustworthy in the end we have to be careful..)

Me and ICARO36 are working this out privately.