When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I Think Perhaps I Shall Not Darken This Place Again.....

Justasgood

I am now officialy cheesed beyond all description. If you haven't seen the thread about the Yachty needing love...please have a look in the repair section.

I offer to the community this:

Regarding the Sub, Yachty and Panerai that I traded to Hewhoislikegod for a Swiss Daytona(that turned out to be Asian....but that's a story for another day), Hewhoislikegod now is going to insist that I have mislead him regarding the watches.

I state as a man of my word, who is well respected and has never had a deal turn sour on the Genuine trading/selling forums, That the Yachty came to me from Blade in a trade. All that was done was a simple regulation to bring the watch into a respectable time keeping range. No more, no less.

As for the Sub mentioned above, Mr. Hewhoislikegod is now saying he had the same thing happen to whomever he dealt the watch to. That watch was purchased new by me from King and again, nothing more than a regulation was done.

I swam, showered, played golf and wore the watches regularly. Take a look at the thread I referenced above and you will see the pictures of the Yachty. They were taken the day the trade was made. In fact, I allowede Hewhoislikegod to use the pictures to aid in his sales here on the sales forum.

I am surprised that the new Owner of the Panerai SlyTech that was part of this trade hasn't stepped up to mention how badly it was butchered.

Now, All I can offer is what I have offered here. I have provided and offered to provide from the start of this many references to my Character and the quality of the watches I have sold or traded.

I now grow tired of defending myself to strangers that I hoped would become like family as the other sites.

I buy and sell watches because I enjoy it. Most of my deal are at best break even for me. I don't buy Replicas for any reason other than I like the styles and would never pay the prices.

As for my 25 years of collecting, I have owned $20,000.00 watches and I still own many quartz watches.

None have ever been misrepresented, and none have ever come back to me.

So to all I say Adieu, it's been........an experience.

Wait there is no need to leave yet, this very thread can be where it is all worked out to everyones satisfaction.

I have just been admiring your Omega diver along with a couple of other senior members and believe you to be an excellent addition to our membership base, don't just throw in the towel and leave, give us all time to become aquainted with the situation and you may find that many will back you.

Ken

Wait there is no need to leave yet, this very thread can be where it is all worked out to everyones satisfaction.

I have just been admiring your Omega diver along with a couple of other senior members and believe you to be an excellent addition to our membership base, don't just throw in the towel and leave, give us all time to become aquainted with the situation and you may find that many will back you.

Ken

Ken While I appreciate your candor and request, it bothers me to have to provide References to someone who may use no tact whatsoever and now ruin my reputation by talking about a rep deal gone bad to a Genuine watch group..

I will at your request reserve my decision to depart for a little while.

Thank you for reaching out.

Enjoy the Labor Day weekend,

Kurt.

I have come in for criticsm in the past too and all you can do is ride the storm and let it pass, some of it might have been justified but some of it definitely not. I have had a Daytona sent to me where a piece of lume had come out of a marker so that is not unusual. I have also had a watch (a PAM) where there was a case clamp that had come adrift and had jammed in the going train so I would not say that you are to blame in any way. The watch was most likely like this when you had it and because the lume fell out of the marker that was a reason to open it up and see other problems which might have gone unnoticed otherwise. There have been many cases of poor QC in the rep factories and this might just be a simple case of that. I would not give up on us just yet - from what I have read it seems that you have acted in good faith - not sure what else you could have done!

hey dont know you , but i apreciate what you bring to this forum :thumbsupsmileyanim:

there are cry babies every where you go no matter how good you are to people , some people are never satisfied :thumbdown: .. , thats there problem ..

stick around i know this is a rep forum but there are many good & very knoledgeable people in this forum who bring a lot to the watch community :thumbsupsmileyanim: ..

hope youll hang around & get to know the place a lil better ..

take care & be well ed ..

p.s. hope to see more of your gen collection on the forum :victory:

Relax. There's a funny thing about this board--hardly anyone knows anyone on a personal level, but the truth always has a way of coming out in the end. Always.

The only people who are never forgiven are the people who willfully and repeatedly misstate the facts. My advice would be to just provide your side of the story in as much detail and as accurately as you can.

Well I have just come from reading the 'Yatchie needs love' thread and I believe it's a bum rap and have stated so, it's all so easy to crucify someone on these boards with a little superficial evidence, people need to understand that they are not in fact qualified to give a professional judgement when they have only been tinkering with a few watches as a hobby.

Stick around Kurt, I'm more interested to hear about the Asian Daytona which was sold to you as Swiss.

Ken

wow- a whole controversy i was able to avoid.

its a good thing.

I can understand how you would take something personal and be offended. I had it happen to me, with my friends in a fantasy football league.

Fact is - its part of our culture now - you can be fired over sms. its much easier to be bold in email, sms, or on a forum where there are no direct consequences. - My advice is - don't take it personal. realize that on an open forum such as this - there will always be good and bad seeds.

However, it appears from some of the comments above that you bring value to the forum and for the sake of others, we would love if you could get past some of the BS that happens to everyone now and then and give it another try. - Worst that could happen is you waste some time. but the best that can happen is we learn from you and you from us.

I think that you will find a majority of our members are good and honerable types and very open minded. I'm not suggesting of course that you need to go hire a lawyer and pleade your case. But what i am suggesing is the majority is willing to listen to both sides of concerns. Its nessecary for us to police ourselves as there is no one else that can :) and sometimes the innocent get accused.

I have not met you nor read the depths of the controversy. Nor do i really care what its about. Seems to me there is still a potential for a relationship based upon my reading other posters commetns.

happy weekend to you and best of luck either with us or out in the either somewhere else.

One of the names mentioned in this post kinda stuck it to me this week through misrepresention and for some reason will

not return my pm hmm. This is too my first deal that wasnt a pleasure. Although it wasn't for large

sum its the point. Its always nice when a community thats suppose to protect one another stick it to each

other. Yea baby

MG

To all that have responded I say a warm and sincere thanks.

I have been a lurker for a long time and have been a Rep. fan forever. I have owned and collected many watches over the last 25 years and I have always been about value over recognition. I believe the reps allow us to own watches that in my humble opinion, are valued way above normal.

I stil contend that an all steel case, sapphire/acrylic crystal, swiss movement Replica sub is a better value than the real deal. I have owned no less that 6 subs in many different iteration, some rare some common, but everyone gone because I could not justify the prices.

Vintage watches are my soft spot because you can get a watch with a true pedigree for very little money.

I will always own Reps. Not to fool anyone, but to enjoy a look, design or style that I refuse to pay thousands for when it can be had, tweaked to perform and last every bit as well as the multi-thousand dollar originals.

So, yeah, it's cool....I believe I can hang with you guys for awhile....but I ain't gettin into no Jacuzzi :D

To all that have responded I say a warm and sincere thanks.

I have been a lurker for a long time and have been a Rep. fan forever. I have owned and collected many watches over the last 25 years and I have always been about value over recognition. I believe the reps allow us to own watches that in my humble opinion, are valued way above normal.

I stil contend that an all steel case, sapphire/acrylic crystal, swiss movement Replica sub is a better value than the real deal. I have owned no less that 6 subs in many different iteration, some rare some common, but everyone gone because I could not justify the prices.

Vintage watches are my soft spot because you can get a watch with a true pedigree for very little money.

I will always own Reps. Not to fool anyone, but to enjoy a look, design or style that I refuse to pay thousands for when it can be had, tweaked to perform and last every bit as well as the multi-thousand dollar originals.

So, yeah, it's cool....I believe I can hang with you guys for awhile....but I ain't gettin into no Jacuzzi :D

Glad you're staying as they're still bunch of good guys around :thumbsupsmileyanim: