When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Let's See Your Strappers!

Utheman

I'm usually a bracelet kind of guy, but I do have a couple of pieces that require straps since a bracelet isn't exactly a fitting option for these.

PAM002 Pre-A build with an old Dirk Deluxe:

IMG_2766.jpg

IMG_3540.jpg

IMG_6090.jpg

3714 franken build with a TWB kevlar-look rubber strap:

IMG_8411.jpg

IMG_8402.jpg

From time to time, I'll do some G10 style straps as well, but find that it's the metal links that work best for me.

@maxman: Thanks. You-the-(max)Man!

@LHOOQ: Thanks for playing. That Calypso is very unique. I have never seen one of those before. The Longines looks good on both the grey and black.

@Ubi: I prefer bracelets also, some just go better with straps though. That PAM002 looks pretty sweet!

Lani, I really like that Fiddy on the Greg Stevens strap. Do you remember where you got the strap?

Thank you

I can't remember the member now.. from Germany.. but it was a very amicable deal.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

this is the style of strap where the tongue comes all the way up the side of the watch.. took some getting used to .. but I rather like it now..

Looking good alligoat! What watch is this? It looks like a vintage Explorer.

ww

This watch started as a 6694 from silix in 2006- w/ a Swiss eta, and small date mag- $130.

Rolex6694jpg.jpg

I tried putting a gen crystal on there, which worked, but the cyclops was too far to the left.

A couple of months ago I got the dial and hands from MKII and had my watchmaker reassemble the watch.

So yes, LH, it is a MKII Vantage, of sorts, but I just call it a MKII Explorer.

The case is rep 6694- 34mm, T-12 crystal w/ no cyclops, Swiss eta, and a rep Rolex crown!

It's a very nice watch for only $260, well maybe $270 including the new strap, or $280 counting the $10 oyster band w/ safety clasp, 19mm lug width.

The lume on this dial and hands is excellent, well worth the $100 I spent to resurrect this watch.rsz_p1000200_-_copy.jpg

Here's another favorite on the dark brown croc strap- the O&W Mark III Mirage

rsz_p1000199-copy.jpg

Can I call it the MkII Mini-Van?

Sure, LH! I kinda think of it as a mini-explorer. Like the Rolex 5500 Explorers- Air King case, Explorer dial.

Thanks RS. It's always nice when you can put something cool together for not too much money. I like this watch so much, I don't even wear it as a beater- I save it for those occasions when I'm not tearing things up!