When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Graham Chronofighter ODV1 - wearing a hand grenade

CzechMate

Hi friends,

today I have had a second Christmas - three weeks ago I have bought Graham Chronofighter Oversize Diver V1 from tick-tock at RG forum. Today it has arrived. It was sent on 9th of December, so it took three weeks and two days. I was almost scared that the package got lost, as it was sent regular airmail, no tracking available, but here it is, so happy end! :D

Now to the watch:

NOTICE: pictures of uncleaned watch - I now deeply regret it, because some pictures dont do justice to the watch in this condition, but I am too lazy to take new pictures now, so believe me, in real life, the watch is GORGEOUS!!! Also, the quality the pics is low due to very heavy compresion - to late to change it now - too lazy... :whistling:

As you can see from the pictures, it came very well packed

pict0188r.jpg

pict0190a.jpg

pict0191a.jpg

pict0192o.jpg

The watch was declared as Eye Gel, so it has slipped the customes problem free :munch:

pict0184g.jpg

After unpacking the watch, I can honestly say, I was blown away. Already weighing the bubble wrapped watch in my hand told me it is going to be heavy and the real thing is heavy. It is luxuriously heavy. Not only the weight tells the quality story. Also the look and feel literaly screams "I am a damned good piece of quality replica watch! I can be passed as a gen to 99% of people and they will not suspect anything at all!". And hell it is quite possible, as every detail of this watch looks impressive! The tang buckle is nice and solid, deep engraving looks great, no shallow laser etching! (too bad I forgot to take a pic:mad: ). The case back looks rich and sophisticated:

pict0196n.jpg

pict0197.jpg

The dial is amazing. I am no expert, but I cannot see any fault here. The hands are wonderful and quality looking, the subdial has texture, fonts are crisp and exact, the aweep of the second hand is smooth as a silk (u cannot judge this by the pics though...:rolleyes: ):

pict0198.jpg

pict0194i.jpg

The crystal has quite good AR, definitely above average, it cannot match my gens, but for the replica, amaizing:

pict0201ie.jpg

pict0202r.jpg

Lume of hands is great, considering the price of this watch, I cannot expect anything better, as you can see, it even comes close to my gen (which has blue lume and all numerals are lumed, unlike this watch, where only hands have some reasonable lume):

pict0206.jpg

pict0207ri.jpg

pict0208g.jpg

I heard that the lever on some Graham replicas might be a little bit wobly, but not on this one. The lever is very tight and yet operates smoothly:

pict0195g.jpg

Of course I have taken a wrist shot for you :cool: :

pict0211u.jpg

pict0212v.jpg

Issues so far:

• the chronograph minute counter has a little play, so in certain positions it is not reset to exact zero, but nothing really big, by realigning the watch to another position it goes back to its correct position.
  • it is a little bit difficult to set exact time, as when the crown is pulled out and I try to set the time, when the crown is pressed back and second hand starts moving, it takes about 20-30 seconds, before minute hand engages, therefore when second hand reaches 12 position, the minute hand is somewhere between minute markers

These two issues are extremely minor ones so far. The first one is hard to notice and the second one is easily resolved by simply seting the minute hand a little bit ahead.

I have yet to find about accuracy and power reserve of the moevement, but I have already watchsmith ready to do the maintenance on this baby.

Conclusion: I am very very proud of this acquisition and very thankfull to tick-tock for selling me this beauty. :partypile:

THANK YOU TICK-TOCK, this watch is EXCELENT!!!

Wow!!! I have always looked at these with fascination. I thought that I was a big enough guy to pull off a watch that size. I have a 8.5 in wrist. I think you wrist shot have sealed the deal. I may pull the trigger on it now. Great looking piece man. Enjoy it! Congrats!!

Glad my crapy wrist shot helped... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Wow!!! I have always looked at these with fascination. I thought that I was a big enough guy to pull off a watch that size. I have a 8.5 in wrist. I think you wrist shot have sealed the deal. I may pull the trigger on it now. Great looking piece man. Enjoy it! Congrats!!

BTW, my wrist is 8,5" as well, so you can see exactly how is it going to look like...

• 5 weeks later...

When I first saw these I really didn't like them, I hard time with that can opener they call pushers. The more I see this rep the more I like It. I just might have to pull the triger on one of these, I mean the triger on the left side of the watch :D enjoy your new Graham :) Mike