When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Survivor is out - Hi-res pics inside

Samurai

Here are the specs:

Size: 42mm x 16mm

Movement: Asian 7750 25J Automatic Chronograph Movement at 28800 vph with second at 12 and working regulator

Functions: hours, minutes, sub-seconds and date display; chronograph

Case: better PVD plated solid titanium case

Crystal: scratch-proof sapphire crystal

Dial: black textured dial with tachymeter ring

Bezel: textured real black ceramic bezel

Strap: super-soft dust-free black rubber strap

Clasp: solid titanium tang buckle

Water resistance: >50 Meters

Remark: 1:1 replicated from a genuine sample bought at US$38K+, most parts are identical to genuine, the BEST version so dar!

Incredibly tempting... just when I'm getting out of rep watches they're pulling me back in. $658 is an awful lot though...

And by the way, that strap will fit on a standard ROO, some people on the gen forums have posted pictures of their standard ROOs with Survivor straps. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

P.S: I found two minor flaws: the first one being that the "AP" logo does not have a white bar in between the letter, the second being that the strap plots and the crown are missing the coloured "dots" which has been discussed on the Purist forums before.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/125468/thread/1226161641/Survivor+red+and+green+dots--

And if its TI that has its color altered to black and not PVD coated that is in my book a nasty flaw..

And for 648dollars :whistling:

Its same size as regular ROO just bigger at the crown is what i get from reading the profile on the watch..

Yes, nearing $700 with shipping is way too much money, but they try to justify it with the genuine watch they purchased, to create the rep. As for the rubber bezel spacer, they may have just put this particular watch together the wrong way, would not surprise me if it was fixed before the first batch gets delivered, if someone lets Angus know about it that is ;)

Too big for my wrist anyway......

Absolutely stunning rep. The makers are really stepping up their game. Business must be good if the dealers can front the $38k to buy the watch (yes, I know they ultimately get most of it back on the resale of the gen). Am I right in saying the levers or whatever on the chrono pushers do a nice job of obfuscating the lack of offset on the crown vs. pushers? I do wonder of you can correct the bezel flaw. I am experimenting with thinning out the rubber bezel on the older seconds at 12. It is way too thick on that version. I always found it interesting that the original seconds at nine had overall more accurate side profile (height) in spite of the correct construction of the seconds at 12.

In any case, congrats on a stunning rep. :thumbsupsmileyanim: