When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

To Everyone - not on the admin team

fotoman

hey all, just fyi, Phoband is doing great. My new treatment has given me new life. I never thought i would live a normal life about 2 months ago, i thought i would be as useless as i was over the last 4 yrs. But my new treatment has no major side effects. I have lost almost 30 lbs (need to loose about 50) and i have a new chance at life. I'm putting a band together, i'm working and career is going well.

unfortunately, the holier than though crowd on the admin team decided to act with me without asking or knowing anything. So i have not been participating in the forum in protest. I want to call another forum home yet, but haven't really found that opportunity. It will probably be the darkside. But for now i've just taken a break from the forums. I am still collecting and i will have new pieces and new photos and reviews to share. Just not 100% sure where yet.

i loved this crowed on this forum, hence the over $600 donated and did i see almost 4k posts? and 5 yrs with this group (core group from rwg1)

anyway hope everyone has a good 2010, 2009 was the worst year of my life and i'm glad to have it over with. I have a fresh start, something most never get. so far its going well. lots to be excited about. The best part is resetting your own personal economy to minimalist while still making $$. All of a sudden your rich with cash. We all build slowely our own economy. As we go up in life, we buy nicer cars, a house bla bla bla. But i had to minimize everything, get my expenses down to peanuts. Then all of a sudden i get mpart of my old salary back and a good chance by the end of the year, i'll be making double what i make now and mroe than i have ever made before. And i'm piling cash. and also investing $$ into this band, in equipment to give it a shot to make it a killer project, playing guitar in a prog rock band. its pretty awesome. Videos will be posted one day, but likley not here.

Hope everyone has a great 2010. I know that no matter what happens it will be better than 2009.

Pho-

Great to hear that things are going well with life, and that things are starting to turn around. Very glad to hear that you are in good health and that things are on the up and up!

Out of curiosity, what exactly transpired between you and the admin team to cause this animosity? Can you give some background regarding the situation?

Pho...good to know that things are looking up for you.

I do remember a thread sometime back where you had requested for downgrading your stat from Plat to a regular member.....but making another forum as your home......hmmm...that's serious stuff.

Anyway....wish you the best.

No matter how much money we amass .. it doesn't address the issues that stare us in the face..

the world does not revolve around me nor do others have much of a share of my own actions..

I can move, change jobs, have more money.. but I still have to bring me,myself and I along :lol: .. and if I'm my own worst enemy, then that must mean the problem is I..

Change is not easy.. especially when I am the one that has to change and stop blaming people, places and things for my issues..until then .. the same issues will arise with or without anyone or place to blame.

good luck Pho .. I hope you find what your looking for..

Change is not easy.. we can only do it .. One day at a time.. but Change We Must.. or live a life of constant pain..

AC/Lani

Here's to you Pho...

FU TT jerk, what is that video about - why don't you head to my other thread and read up on what transpired with rek.

calling him a class act, - then this BS about preg women are smug. I really used to respect you - as you told me, This is behavior unbecoming of a forum elder.

what an A$$.

I recomend everyone else drop their sponsorship of this poorly led forum. See how you get treated? by the admin.

No matter how much money we amass .. it doesn't address the issues that stare us in the face..

the world does not revolve around me nor do others have much of a share of my own actions..

I can move, change jobs, have more money.. but I still have to bring me,myself and I along :lol: .. and if I'm my own worst enemy, then that must mean the problem is I..

Change is not easy.. especially when I am the one that has to change and stop blaming people, places and things for my issues..until then .. the same issues will arise with or without anyone or place to blame.

good luck Pho .. I hope you find what your looking for..

Change is not easy.. we can only do it .. One day at a time.. but Change We Must.. or live a life of constant pain..

AC/Lani

what is that supposed to mean? I don't blame anyone around me for my actions. or my issues. I do blame my disability for screwing up my life. and, since it was the root cause of my problems, in that it caused me to take actions that i regret, i think thats a pretty fair assessment. If they could have diagnosed me properly 5 yrs ago, i'd still have a family and kid. But [censored] happens, i don't blame the Dr. i go on with my life. But i do blame the bad back. I was a rocketing star till that point. then the pain took over. and you know what pain is like, it takes over your whole life.

not sure what your getting at man you and i had a ruff start, part of because of the meds i was on at the time, but mostly because i totally misread our friendship and didn't realize yo u would be upset me posting photos of yours. I believe i have apologized for that. I still don't understand it, but you hvae your things and i have my pet peeves.

So, i'm not clear on the message. If you would like to enlighten me, i'd appreciate it,even if its something negative, i don't understand.

Pho...good to know that things are looking up for you.

I do remember a thread sometime back where you had requested for downgrading your stat from Plat to a regular member.....but making another forum as your home......hmmm...that's serious stuff.

Anyway....wish you the best.

very serious, i'm invested here, put alot of time in. To be honest, i'm not thrilled for various reasons about the other 2. Rep Geek, where they still let RBJ is gotta be a no right? :)

If you were treated the way i was with the admin team - and i have held back from postingg the PM's but if TT is going to be snippy like that and tell others i have no class i may just have to. See the can phoband be trusted thread for a explanation of what appears to be what the admins were talking about. I don't reallly know, they wouldn't say, it was out of nowhere. Maybe they trusted REK over me? dunno, but the entire history is aired there for the reading,i have nothing to hide and stand behind 100% of my actions taht are being discussed anyway. If someone brings something up i screwed up on i'll apologize for it like i did in posting lanakai's photos (didn't know it woould upset him) That wasn't really "wrong" in my opinion, but wrong for him cause he didn't want it and it was his photos. So i don't thinki could have known that, i guess i could have asked, but to me it didn't seem like a big deal. I was just discussing the merit's of photoshop not trying to put his photos down he takes great photos. In fact the reason I was doing it was BECAUSE he takes amazing photos.

anyway, i should have asked, but i don't think it was a major sin, just a misjudgment on someone's feelings.` Other than that, i believe i stand behind everything i've done over the last 5 yrs.

I was trying to bring a new service to the forum, making rep, logo t shirts, and even forum t shirts - again not a big money maker for me, i make plenty of $$. i thought we could raise $$ for the forum selling logo t shirts. My cousing just opened a business doing shirts, and has top of theline equipment. i thought it was a great win for everyone. cool tshirts forum rasises $$> i was even thinking of how to do Sinn shirts and Rolez shirts with lume on them. Would have been fun. But admins said, no and by the way were closing your pen shop.

I was like what? as you may have read, i have sold a handful of pens, they don't make me enough money to buy watches, i used the $$ to buy more pen equipment. Frankly i looked at it as a service for the forum. I liked creating the art, people liked having the pens. They weren't worth my time monetarily. I charge 250 an hour as a lawyer, and i was making less than 30$ an hr making pens.

TT gave me some BS about how the forum isn't here to make people $$. I said, WHAT? we have made Josh, and others RICH. dont give me some altruistic BS. there is a whole industry that makes $$ on this forum. Like i said, the 5 bucks from a tshirt sale, does'nt even cover my time. let alone make me $$. i wanted to do it because i thought people wanted it - [censored] I want it. i'm going to make myself some shirts. which reminds me, i need to make myself some shirts

Interesting thread to say the least...

Glad to see your health is on the mend Phoband. Back problems are a not fun...

Without knowing the details...it sure seems to me that there are two sides to every story and perhaps you had some responsibility in the status with the Admin? Just saying....

I know my story about buying a watch from you and then 3 days later...the chrono button falling off and then when I contact you about it...you claim if I buy another case... your watch guy will fix it for me...but you said it was my fault that it happened (I was just wearing the thing like everyone else does)...you even went on the forum to try and get others to side with you...

This is all the while when I had a feeling something was wrong with the watch when you sold it to me...because most of the watches you had were all taken apart as you seemed to like to put them back together after reluming and all kinds of other mods. You had some story that the watch was your dads but he didnt like it....

I still have the watch sitting in a box unworn for over a year or so...missing chrono pusher and all...that was a waste of money for me....I personally wouldn't buy another thing from you.

But hey, that's me.

Good luck on the other forum.

Edited by WatchnRoll