When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My first Rep!

ImScaredSarge

My first rep arrived in the mail today, so I figured I'd share my excitement with everyone! Noobmariner + 4813 movement from Eurotimez.

Yes, I know everyone has seen and knows all the good/bad about the Noobmariner, but this one is extra special because it's MINE :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Still wrapped up

subwrapped.jpg

A couple views

subfloor2.jpg

subfloor.jpg

subhand.jpg

Of course one shot on my (tiny) wrist

subwrist.jpg

If only I had the nice camera and photography skills of some of you...

Your pearl looks pretty decent. Amazing how noobs change as far as pearls go. Some are zits, some are OK.

P1000207-1-1.jpg

Here's my old noob from 2006- WM pearl, trimmed the cg's and installed a gen crown and aftermarket tube- it's been rode hard and put up wet as we say in Texas! Stole the dial and eta out of it to use in my Euromariner and swapped back in a DG2813.

Thanks everyone. This thing is only coming off my wrist for sleep! And Bright, I'll do my best to plan my attire accordingly for future photo ops ;)

How do you like the DG4813 movement? Is the sweep smooth? Mine is on the way as well.

Being new to this world I don't really have anything to compare it to. When looking straight on from within 2 feet I can see the ticks. Adding some angle or distance makes it much less noticeable. Wish I could offer more insight than that, but I'm sure it won't too be long before I can (this bug bites hard, heh).

Somebody on RG said on the 4813 the date doesn't click over in one go and drags on for a bit.

Is this true ?

Yes and no. I have the exact same watch, and it drags a few millimeters 30 minutes or so before midnight when it actually snaps over.

I find this a VERY important issue and will try to post a picture of it later today, along with a quick hello to the forum :D .

I got my first today, a noobmariner as well. It it's awesome and I can't stop looking at it. It's keeping me from my James Joyce paper...oh well.

I got a question for ya'll, how waterproof is the "noob?"

Cheers.