When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

grey Skyland Chrono Avenger Special Edition...

hackR

Looks great! Only one thing would make it look better ;)

what's that, A?...a gen dial or your wrist!... :rolleyes:

Get it on the grey gator :thumbsupsmileyanim:.. got another gator from HK with red stitching.. that may look better with the dial.. B)

hey L - you had me at hello!...gonna show me the red stitched gator on - ahem - your "ordinary" ss skyland?!... ;)

thanks, guys!...this may be the first step to a gen dial swap in... ;)

everything went in perfectly...being an armed watchsmith now with my new toolset - yes, Toad - you were right! - it took 90 minutes to do...60 minutes to decase both, recase the v1...and another 30 minutes to wrestle with those damn 3 movement retainers screws and clips... :pardon:

interesting to see the difference in chrono pusher construction...the v1 has short pusher stems - the length inside the case that engage the chrono levers on the movement...they only reach the movement retainer ring...there are actually 2 small (2mm in length) stem-like cylindrical pieces of metal that insert into holes in the retainer ring...the chrono pushers push the 2 small pieces of metal that then engage the chrono levers in the movement...the v3 skyland has long pushers that go directly into the movement levers...the v1's design is complicated, but it works...

the other difference i noticed was the rotor on the v3 skyland movement was noisier than the v1 CA movement's rotor...both movements are a7750 but the v3 skyland movement is high beat and the v1 CA movement is low-beat...the rotors have slightly different bearing setups...both rotors are stickered/decorated...v3 skyland has pearliage on the rotor and movement retainer...the v1 movement is engraved/decorated with lines - bad description - not round pearliage...the v1 movement retainer is also not decorated...

just some info for those technically interested!...

R-

Sweet looking watch indeed! :)

Regarding the movement retainer screws, they can be a real pain, do you use rodico putty to pick up the little parts and move them into place, then press them in gently with the small screw driver? I have found that to be a great time saver when fiddling with such small bits & pieces....

Cheers! B)