When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Amazed with the quality of reps today...I've been gone a little while...

WatchnRoll

I took a year or so off from watches (rep and gen) and really focused on my music hobby so I bought lots of guitar gear. :bangin:

But I recently came back on because I went to Cozumel Mexico and saw a killer Breitling in the store. It was a newer model Avenger Seawolf Chrono (which I hope gets a rep one day soon). I almost convinced myself to buy it for $3,500....but...I remembered my old friends back at the forum...even though I had a bad experience about a year ago I decided to come back and look what was out and hot and I contacted Joshua who has been around consistently with awesome stuff for a long time.

One thing I noticed on a handful of these newer reps are that they are so much better than just two years ago. The using of real models to copy and the details on the straps and bracelet are amazing. I need to learn the details again of what is "wrong" with each model but some Breitlings and the DSSD are almost impossible to tell unless you are an extreme Gen expert. That is just killer.

I checked out several models that I am still going to get this year. The Ultimate DSSD is going to be mine soon. I own a gen SD from 2005 that I bought new when my son was born. I will never get rid of that Gen SD because of the symbolism and that I will hand it to my son one day. But the DSSD is an awesome watch.

I also want the Rolie GMT anniversary or the other SS with the ceramic bezel and maxi dial.

I'm hooked again...I feel like my guitar and amp collection are at their best so now it's time to get a collection of the best Reps out there that I love.

One of the APs might be down the line.

I only wish they improved the Daytona with the whole giant rehaut and the weird movt...and can someone please use real gold on two tone models?...I'll pay more for a serious looking two tone model with SELs and solid links.

Anyway...I'm happy to be back and look forward to more buys.

Here's my latest purchase:

photo-15.jpg

photo-16.jpg

I have precisely the one you show here.

And that is not even the best version. Yours is Ver1 and there is a Ver3 (at least) out there by now.

The difference between V1 and V3 when I bought, was bringing the rep from 97% to 99%. Additional cost $100.

And that may be the flip-side to the better reps. I think the new reps are at times very expensive.

Or is it just that I am a noob with no historical reference??

I have precisely the one you show here.

And that is not even the best version. Yours is Ver1 and there is a Ver3 (at least) out there by now.

The difference between V1 and V3 when I bought, was bringing the rep from 97% to 99%. Additional cost $100.

And that may be the flip-side to the better reps. I think the new reps are at times very expensive.

Or is it just that I am a noob with no historical reference??

I think you are mistaken. Mine is version 2. Not version 1.

Or, can you tell me what makes mine version 1?

I may be wrong about this. But I think the lume dot @ 3 was sorted between Ver1 and Ver2. - In which case mine may be a Ver2 as well.

Still the main point is that this watch is awsome as it is. Unless you are a totally dedicated nerd (or AD...) you will be hard pressed to spot this one on the wrist.

Mine keeps excellent time, I use it to swim with (although I did need to have it greased) and it looks fantastic. Hope you like yours as well.

Way to pull the trigger. Very nice buy. I've got a blacksteel and thought about getting this grey version for quite a while. Although.. if you were here 2 years ago.. you would've known that there were definitely peices with just as much fame for detail and accuracy then as well.. (i.e. Breitling SOSF) It's just that the list has grown!