When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just won on ebay!

offshore

I just had a great little pickup on Ebay!

This little tool, is only the 2nd one I ever have seen of these.

I have lusted after one, after seeing an old time watchmaker using one.

post-13-12631183792_thumb.jpg

What these do for you, is give an ability to hold hands without marking, and also measure very easily, the actual diameter of the shaft hole in the hand. Then should you wish to do so, you can very easily enlarge (broach) the hole, by pushing the next sized needle shaft through it.

It operates from 0.6 to 1.2, and has 10 various sizes available.

When it is delivered, I will do a pictorial on its use.

For me. it will become indispensable in my tool box...but I am wondering how many others would see value and useage in one of these?

Maybe I may have a chat with jmb, and see what his machining skills may be able to produce.

Offshore

Just call by my market stall. Face to face work only for this little black duckrolleyes.gif

O/S

Problem will be recognising you! I guess I will look for the guy with the flat cap, medallion and suitcase! :D Do you have a three wheeler?

I am keen to see how you resize using this bit of kit using the pin/needle to form the new hole.

I got 1 from Borel or Ofrei, I forget which? But very useful for broaching. :good:

Hi had a look about on here but cant find what you mean by broaching in the watch sense. Would you mind explaining pleas?

Or is it just to make the hole bigger in the hand?

Thanks

Or is it just to make the hole bigger in the hand?

Exactly. A broach is a small file in the shape of a pin with abrasive material along most of its length. There are different sizes for varying size holes. You hold the hand in a tool (or, carefully, by hand, which is the method I prefer to use) & ream the hole out with the broach. Very useful tool, broaches.

Broach set on Ofrei (the Bergeon 2676-B Hand Broaching Holder is listed further down the page)

fb722.jpg