When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

3717 Spitfire

lanikai

After 2 years .. the 3717 was appealing to me again.. so off it went to Canada.. for a Valjoux swap and a date wheel that I have had for 2 years also,.. so Ubi's cousin with a white dial..although I wanted a German date wheel and thought I ordered one from cousins a long time ago.. obviously I did not do well in High School German.. :p

but another parallel with the Ubi Man :lol: .. inside info.. B)

3717spitefire006.jpg

3717spitefire004.jpg

3717spitefire001.jpg

3717spitefire007.jpg

3717spitefire012.jpg

3717spitefire024.jpg

3717spitefire028.jpg

Thanks for viewing

AC/Lani

No it's not a German date wheel.. it say's Dom, I believe Sunday would of been Son.

Northd .. German DW are seen because of the origin of the Pilot watches,..

@trombone.. I have a chiefs AR that I need to get onto the watch... the one on now is a stock rep AR.

I think the white dial is visually very striking! Nice variation on the Flieger. I also like the Spanish datewheel; to be honest, I didn't even think twice about it when you first posted, and thought it may have been German (since we were talking about it a few weeks back). It wasn't until I looked at mine and realized the days were different :)

Great looking piece with a nice engine under the hood, Lani! I may have to eventually pick one of these up (maybe after my other IWC projects are finished ^_^).

Cheers,

//ubi

Yupper, my Spitfire was still in transition.. I got the day wheel a couple of years ago.. but I did tell you it was a German one.. could of sworn I got it.. :lol:

I like the ss on this white dial.. and the bracelet is very comfortable.... a honey tan gator looks good also..

• 1 month later...